computer cut

Guest teamfutaba

Guest teamfutaba

I dont really do computer cut for car film, I signed up for there ppf templates. not the program I thought it would be. lots of patterns they dont have compared to xpel. how often do they do updates. also, there was no try before you buy. that should have been a sign right there. and if I decide to use them how well do there car patterns for w/f fit.

Guest Sunlimited

Haven't used it in years. We bought a plotter and Tint Tek 20/20 maybe 8 or 9 years ago. It was TERRIBLE. The only positive was we could cut 60 french panes with the push of a button. We found the only good auto patterns were front doors on pick ups. Recently though we've been giving it some thought, as there is much more available, stored data bases with modified patterns, plenty of deco, and uploadable stuff. I like the idea posted previously of upselling hand cuts. As you said though I'd like to try it first..

ive been on computercut for going on 11 years and no major issues...my favorite patterns are the one ive made and sent off...I feel best with those patterns..I think that my favorite is the outline button thats been added. when I do my negative art it makes it so much easier. ive started out hand cuting but noow im using the plotter for most of my negative backing. I've tried other systems and still to this day no other compares to what computercut has achieved...

"I give garry props for starting computercut and listening to the installers to make it better, each year it gets better and better"

I like the idea posted previously of upselling hand cuts.

That was me that posted a topic on that When talking about the Tint Tek system. The great thing is, you win either way. The customer accepts the generic cut of a pattern like everyone else seems to have these days which in turn saves you money because it saved you time and you not losing sleep over that fact that you feel you could have cut a better pattern by hand. Or you upsell them to what you've always done till the machine came along and in turn you get rewarded with extra $$$ for doing it old school which IMO should be worth more in the industry. Take the difference of money you charged extra for hand crafted for the whole year from having the option to the customer of plotter cut or hand and that money will pay for a Tint Tek system for free :coffee

Guest teamfutaba

well, I just did a Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera using the computer cut templates and 3M PPF. I have to say it fit real good. so, were off to a good start. I also ordered the blades. thanks scotty.

Archived