Tint jobs...50% Off!!

Guest vclimber

Here's the way I look at it. I like a good deal as much as the next guy but when MFG's incentivize this way to get a new customer it is basically making it financially easy for every bottom feeder to get into the industry. Obviously, I am not the only one getting offered this deal, where the other 4 ST dealers in my area given this offer to come on board? What other value can ST give me as a customer besides a whole lot of competition?

Imagine 5 companies with 60% discounted ST film going after the same customer... guess what the wining bid would be? :dunno

I'm not supporting that garbage. This is what is devaluating our industry and evaporating our margins. :lol

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We first used st about a year ago. The project had a st spec and I called for price and availability. We were offered a significant discount for our first order. Thank you very much. I believe it is a good hook the manny can set to get you to try the product. As long as you do not expect to get the same price next time.it is a simple case of a company doing whatever they have to in order to gain maket share

Guest vclimber

So we get all pizzed off when dealers do it but manny's can and it's all good? Can't they sell on anything else but deep discounting?

Not to mention I'd be the 5th dealer in the area. It all yields the same result -ime, deep discounts to add more dealers = pricing out in the open market goes down.

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I consider Suntek a good film and admit that even though they will sell to anybody, if they offer a discount like that you should take advantage of it. I did. I used alot of discounted film for my dealer accounts.

Johnsons offers monthly web specials too, and if they are a film I will sell, I will buy as much as I can and be happy.

I will not however buy a cheap film and put it on a customer or dealers car.

So we get all pizzed off when dealers do it but manny's can and it's all good? Can't they sell on anything else but deep discounting?

Not to mention I'd be the 5th dealer in the area. It all yields the same result -ime, deep discounts to add more dealers = pricing out in the open market goes down.

Im looking at it this way. The manny is dropping its shorts in order to get their foot in the door. They are hoping you like the product so they will gain a long term customer. All window film mannys have felt the pinch over the past 18 - 24 months and if it takes price chopping to get you to TRY what they have to offer......So be it. More than once I have gone in low to steal a job in the hopes it will turn into a "forever customer". Sometimes it pans out sometimes it does not. We all have customers who will buy on price only, There is nothing we can do about it. Those customers will always take the lowest price they find and bit*h till the cows come home about anything they can. I dont think you need to feel like you got "all the money" on every job. Sometimes you just have to take the good with the bad.

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

True, some customers will not listen to reason and will talk themselves into thinking they are getting a good deal. At most though on cars I will drop 10-20 dollars if I feel I need some more work, and on comm/res I will sometimes drop a bit depending on the profit margin. But I still have self respect and a name to uphold

I understand Vclimbers view on guys who get a good deal like that - lower there prices and it effects pricing for some...But I just got 10 Metro PCS stores to do all the graphics on because I did the 1st one for half price! You got to give to get! This is all I see ST doing ....Giving to get! Some may not think this is a good business tactic but if it makes them more money as a business then good for them!!!

Archived