New Here, I love this place...

Guest Sparks Garage

Guest Sparks Garage

So I've been cruising around for about a week now sorta hiding in the shadows.

I decided this year that I wanted to get back into the trade. I worked at a car audio shop in Cleveland, OH for a couple years and we offered tint as sort of a side note. I got to play with it a ton because no one else in the shop had the patients really. I picked up a ton of bad habits, and wasn't very good because the "tint guy" that came in and showed us the art was a d-bag that cut corners. He also only used Soltek. Towards the end of my stay there I had corrected alot of my mistakes and I can't explain how much I wish I'd have found this site then.

I bought a few rolls of crap film to see if I still had it and I'm pleased to say that I can still shrink a back window with sh***y film and with the tips and tricks section on here I've started filing the top edge of my roll ups, and after reading a few threads on keeping the area clean and how to protect against contaminants I'm actually producing quality work. I wouldn't call myself a pro yet but the issues I'm having are less and less my process and more the environment. (I'm working out of my garage right now and anything bigger than a civic I can't shut the door all the way... that blows)

Anyways, I really just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here you've played a huge roll in pointing me in the right direction so far and hopefully I'll be able to repay the favor one day.

I'm getting ready to place an order with Suntech, I've had enough with Soltek's quirks, and I think I'm ready to make a real investment in this. Thanks again you guys.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sparks Garage

Thanks guys! I've browsed around a little and I can't find an explanation for the stuff near the signatures... all the medals, and chevrons and whatnot... could someone point me in the right direction? And what do I have to do to get the olfa under the post? That thing is freakin cool!

Archived