2 front pricing

Guest hooksetter

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yall got me feeling down now , I read it also and thats exactly what we get around here .... :spit

It's sad that it is that way too..too many tinters in Fl I'm assuming. I remember I used to have this idea in my head of going to Fl in the winter for a couple of months to freelance , bu after doing some research on what to expect I could make, I opted to just work harder here , then go and visit to enjoy instead of working.

I don't get why prices are so cheap..it's usually from tinters thinking short term mentality without the idea of saving for tomorrow in the name of undercutting thier fellow tinter. Dayum!

Guest hooksetter

10-4 sorry bout the pricing thing...

I must ask though.

If my location is unknown and I do not have my shop name in my sig or anywhere else how in the heck would a customer find out what I use to charge?

Guest filmslayer
yall got me feeling down now , I read it also and thats exactly what we get around here .... :spit

It's sad that it is that way too..too many tinters in Fl I'm assuming. I remember I used to have this idea in my head of going to Fl in the winter for a couple of months to freelance , bu after doing some research on what to expect I could make, I opted to just work harder here , then go and visit to enjoy instead of working.

I don't get why prices are so cheap..it's usually from tinters thinking short term mentality without the idea of saving for tomorrow in the name of undercutting thier fellow tinter. Dayum!

but because of are heat we make up for it in vol. , our season runs from Feb. - Nov .

Guest hooksetter

Pure competition...

It is no different then if you have 1 gas station in town, 2 in town or one on all 4 corners at every intersection.

When you are in a larger city you will have lots of competition. From people who sell dog poo film and terrible install all the way up to the nicer shops that try and sell a great product with great craftsmanship.

When you have multiple shops at all of those levels you get a lot of calling for prices. When there are multiple people selling the same film as you it turns to your work ,reputation and personality.

Other than that it is simply the BS you feed people on the phone or when they walk in the door.

I must ask though.

If my location is unknown and I do not have my shop name in my sig or anywhere else how in the heck would a customer find out what I use to charge?

I've been around the block a time or 2 here andI don't even question why things are run here the way they are..I simply trust it's for the best for the bigger picture..I suggest with all of 3 posts . just go aong with it :beer:spit

Guest Sunlimited

I must ask though.

If you are charging $xx for 2 front, using the same film I'm using, yet charging $xxxx, and a customer from my part of the country sees that, than they know I can go down on my price... :spit

Archived