2 front pricing

Guest hooksetter

Guest hooksetter

10-4 got ya...

and I guess that is why we have to charge what we charge...cause some guy over there is selling same thing for much cheaper

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and I guess that is why we have to charge what we charge...

Nonsense....charge what Your worth....If Your finished product is above reproach, Your quality and good name will justify the price. :spit

Nonsense....charge what Your worth....If Your finished product is above reproach, Your quality and good name will justify the price. :dunno

This is very true. If you've put in your time and are very good at what you do, you should get paid accordingly.

Why tinters cant figure this out so they can make a better living is beyond me yet it DOES seem to be the case.

I still call :lol on "the more tinters there are, the cheaper it is" mentality. If this was the case, then in theory I should be able to go to a big city and get my car fixed from a mechanic for 1/3 of what I could in a smaller town since there are so many more mechanics shops around..yet this doesn't happen. Most have a set shop rate relatively comparable. The day tinters figure out that they'd rather look at themselves that way instead of the next pizza joint , they will collectively make more :dunno

Guest tintingandmore

Nonsense....charge what Your worth....If Your finished product is above reproach, Your quality and good name will justify the price. :lol

:dunno

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

This is the reason why I signed on with a film manu that has territory restrictions. I have my entry level film still which I still charge more than most, but My main film I try and push, does not sell to anybody within x miles of you and therefore you will not get lowballed by the next guy selling the same film for half the price.

Also what do you try and charge for a front strip? Do you charge less on a car where you get the strip left over from a rear window?

Do you charge more when you have to cut a front strip from a roll?

Thanks

No matter if the strip is left over from the back or not the price is the same. Tint is tint so does it really matter that you are using a scrap piece? Just because you know you used a scrap piece will the finished product be any different than if you had cut from the roll. To me making the most of what you have already paid for is just good common sense and a must do in this business especially during times like these.

As far as price of a front strip as compared to the price of a side window here is how I look at it. Two sides cost XX and it takes give or take six feet of film likewise that same six feet of film give or take would also do two front strips so it only makes sense to charge for a strip at least what you would charge for one side window. The days of doing a strip for a little of nothing are gone. Anytime you have a piece of film that goes wasted for example say a three feet off a 20" roll dont look at it as " well that only cost me $X a foot, look at it like that just cost me $XX that I could have charged someone for a single roll up. When you think of it in those terms I guarantee that you will cut down on mistakes and carelessness and you can drastically improve your bottom line. :lol2

Archived