Carbon Fiber look Vinyl

So I am interested in adding some CFV to my A4, and I know my son can market this at school. Can anyone give me some feedback on a good realistic looking CFV?

Guest untouchable

I have not used it yet. But I have been tying to do a lot of research on it. From what I get, it forms great and it does look awesome. After talking to Todd at interwest dist (3m dist) he has informed me it has zero warranties, and they are not sure what kind of affect it will have on paints in the long term. Like dryshrinker said its not cheap, lets just say PPf is pretty close to the same. That being said I think it will be a hot product and I want to have it available in my shop.

There are a ton of different CF vinyls around, 3M dinoc is very popular right now.

I have an in on Bruxafol, it is a printed vinyl, but as far as I know it still has to come from Europe. Looks good and installs very well, I covered the hood on my toy civic with it.

Another that I just found out about is Hexifol, I am waiting on a catalog from them now...

ALSA CORP. has a bunch of cool vinyl and heat forming type stuff, but it is all high dolla!!!

Do a little reasearch on those and you may find what you're looking for...

Here is my civic with Brux on it......

041-1.jpg

053.jpg

056.jpg

Nice look on the civic. Is that the 92-95 model or 96-2001?? I just got rid of my 97 after I got my 2002 A4 after 220k on the civic. I was asking because one of the things I like on the MMM product is it says it has the 3d effect so it looks realistic. I was curious if any others had this or just looked like the pattern but are smooth?

Nice look on the civic. Is that the 92-95 model or 96-2001?? I just got rid of my 97 after I got my 2002 A4 after 220k on the civic. I was asking because one of the things I like on the MMM product is it says it has the 3d effect so it looks realistic. I was curious if any others had this or just looked like the pattern but are smooth?

It's a 92, I built it for my daughter, but the wife ended up giving her my Jeep ZJ, so it's my toy now...... 88k miles on the stock D15.....

The HEXIS has the texture like dinoc, but supposedly has a little less aggressive adhesive and is made more for auto wrapping, dinoc was designed more for interior and architectural applications.

HEXIS

It's a 92, I built it for my daughter, but the wife ended up giving her my Jeep ZJ, so it's my toy now...... 88k miles on the stock D15.....

The HEXIS has the texture like dinoc, but supposedly has a little less aggressive adhesive and is made more for auto wrapping, dinoc was designed more for interior and architectural applications.

HEXIS

Sounds to me like it would be a good idea to carry both products for the appropriate application.

HEXIS

Sounds to me like it would be a good idea to carry both products for the appropriate application.

Depending on the price, I think either product will work for either type of application........

Hoping to have the pricing on Hexis soon.....

The 3m looks REALLY good. I put a sample up against the factory CF in a new BMW M3 and it was so close. Everyone I show the sample to has to hold it and touch it. The Hexis looks OK but not quite as detailed. I'm going to swing by their shop to see an employee's car that was wrapped with it. Cheaper than 3m. BTW the guys at Hexis were great to deal with.

Archived