Boss wants to "Save Money"

Guest SHADED_1

Guest SHADED_1

This is my first post so bear with me..

I've been tinting 7 years now and will be 25 in a month. I've recently returned to the shop that originally started training me back in 2003. I'm working beside my original "trainer" who everyone else in the shop says I'm better than now. Here's the deal... The owner is a great guy but has spends a little frivolously. Of course due to the economy being crap the owner has set the other guy and myself to be splitting 25% of each job we do together and 25% to an individual working on a full job by themselves. The kicker is that the last time I left this shop I was making 16% of each job, not 12.5% like I am now. It's not that we are slow enough that 12.5% won't suffice, but that the guy that I replaced was making 15% and had been doing if for 6 months (and apparently sucks says everyone who knew him). All I'm asking is what do I say to my boss to get him to understand the whole more $$ = more initiative and motivation for me to sell sell sell? It pisses me off to see somebody that got paid more than myself with less experience and who was continuously getting re-dos. Anyone's help is worth everything to me.

Guest Bigbertha1221

Where abouts are you brother? If you're unhappy and you'd consider relocating, we can offer VERY GOOD PAY, with no bullchit - we're a busy shop located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada Eh?

We can help you move and get settled.

Our number is 416.460.3167

or email - tint_job@yahoo.ca

Guest Sunlimited

It's tough in this market. I took a paycut myself, and am back working for the guy that trained me. For now, maybe ask for some sort of incentive, If I do xx amount of vehicles weekly without any warranty issues, can I have xx% extra, or If I do a job with xx amount of square feet, can I have $xx extra psf...

It's tough in this market. I took a paycut myself, and am back working for the guy that trained me. For now, maybe ask for some sort of incentive, If I do xx amount of vehicles weekly without any warranty issues, can I have xx% extra, or If I do a job with xx amount of square feet, can I have $xx extra psf...

:thumb good advice twocents.gif

Archived