Major problems with 2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback...

Guest Sowelu

Guest Sowelu

I am hoping some experienced tinters out there can help!

I brought my brand new 2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback to a local tint place (they were recommended by a friend, his tints look great on his Honda).

I picked the car up, and on the way home I noticed gaps (between the end of the tint and the edge of the window) in just about each window - as if each piece was too small for each window. This is computer cut SolarGard tint.

I brought the car back, and the owner spotted all the issues right away and said he'd do the job over.

They call me after they steamed all the tint off my windows and attempted to re-tinted the first window. They said that the same thing is happening, and that it's due to all the 'play' within the window (on its track) when it's open. When they start from the edge, then work down and close the window, the exposed window is off.

So, they decided to use the hand cut method - and the same thing was happening.

Any tinters or 2010 Mazda 3 Hatch owners out there have this problem? Or, maybe there is a tinter out there that has a work around?

Getting desperate! Help?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Darknesswithin
I would find a different shop. If they can't compensate for a shifting window then they really don't need to be tinting....

where are you located?

I agree ,, most of us know our way around silly doors that shift and don't have those issue's

find another tinter,,, :thumb

BTW ,, could you please take some pictures of the problem areas for us to view?? thanks

Guest Sowelu

Thanks for the responses. I am in Staten Island, NYC. It's weird, they tint so many cars (many high-end models as well), so I am not sure why they are having a hard time with my car. They aren't brushing me off, but if they can't get it right, I'd rather just get it done right elsewhere.

I previously had a Mitsubish Lancer GTS - which had the mole skin/scratching issue. I took it to 212Motoring then, who did a nice job on the tint, but the mole skin didn't work too well. So, when I got this car, I thought tinting would be a cake-walk, and took it to this other place, and it's been a bit of a nightmare.

Guest untouchable

Computer cuts don't always fit to well, and sounds like they don't really know how to hand cut. I am seeing more and more installers and shops that are plotter dependent. I blame this on the over promise under deliver company's that sell the pattern programs as "any one can do it all the hard work is done for you, just lick it and stick it".

Buy the way I tinted one today and had no issues at all. Quit an easy car to be honest.

Find yourself another tinter if they cant hand cut it without gaps either, shifting windows are not hard to compensate for..

I agree with that definitely give them a 2nd chance to fix it or I would take it elsewhere.

Computer cuts don't always fit to well, and sounds like they don't really know how to hand cut. I am seeing more and more installers and shops that are plotter dependent. I blame this on the over promise under deliver company's that sell the pattern programs as "any one can do it all the hard work is done for you, just lick it and stick it".

Buy the way I tinted one today and had no issues at all. Quit an easy car to be honest.

I've hand cut and used computer cutting software both for ever. I've trained installers to just install computer cut patterns and trust me when that original puter pattern is no good everything else is beyond there expertise. IF their using computer cut they should atleast re size the pattern to add a 1/4" . :thumb

Find yourself another tinter if they cant hand cut it without gaps either, shifting windows are not hard to compensate for..
I would find a different shop. If they can't compensate for a shifting window then they really don't need to be tinting....

where are you located?

:thumb along with what everyone else said. There are no issues with this car as I do many of them. If they can't make it right handcutting it , then go elsewhere. You can always allow for shifting issues when handcutting. Sorry you had a rough time with your tint experience

where are you located?

:beer along with what everyone else said. There are no issues with this car as I do many of them. If they can't make it right handcutting it , then go elsewhere. You can always allow for shifting issues when handcutting. Sorry you had a rough time with your tint experience

:thumb And to be honest, I have never found those cars to shift bad...and I have done many. :lol :lol

:beer And to be honest, I have never found those cars to shift bad...and I have done many. :lol :lol

The 04 to 08 style on the contrary :lol :lol

They seem to have take the sloppiness out of the newer style :thumb

Archived