vinyl express q42/q100

Mr paladin

Just got a q42 plotter and am having hell getting it set up, my understanding is it is the new version of the q100 but the control panel is a little different, does anyone have one of these and if so what do you have you down force and speed set up at? Thanks

I dont have one of those but every machine has a different pressure. What I do is make a 5" circle on the software then get a scrap tint ,maybe an end of a roll . Turn the pressure down fairly low and keep cutting the small circle increasing the pressure till it cuts right . Then make a note on the machine on a masking tape or something . ALso I find with my blades its too sharp the 1st 3-4 cuts and you will have to increase the pressure after few cuts . then you will find it will stay at a certain pressure for a couple of months . Its also importantthat the teflon strip is completly smooth because grooves will make uneven cuts.

As far as spped I have mine set to 8.3 inches/sec . I have a apd plotter . If you use precision cut I can help you with that software .

Archived