Plastic Inner Wiper

Guest asmythe1

Guest asmythe1

I just heard that some high-end cars like Mercedes, BMW, Lexus and Acura comes with thin hard plastic inner wiper that may scratch the tint when rolling down the windows. I just got my '04 TL tinted 2 days ago, and I'm not sure if my tint guy knew about this.

Is this pretty recent thing or has it been around. My previous car, '93 Acura Legend Coupe never had problem with scratched tint when rolling down the windows. Any info would be greatly appreciate it.

roll your window down and rubb your finger on the gasket on the side that concacts the glass. if it has felt on it your ok, if its just rubber then you possibly could have problems in the future. :lol

all the new hondas have this RUBBER gasket, since acura and honda are one in the same it stands to reason they might use the same gasket idea.

you can find out yourself real quick by inspecting the gasket yourself :lol

I havent had the problem myself, but its the new body style accord 2dr and 4dr. I tint for a honda dealership and I tint alot of them, I hope like hell they dont start scratching :lol alot of tinters have complained that the rubber gasket is scratching the film though. :lol

I had a 03 dodge pu come in the other day and the film was scratched ALL TO HELL :lol the guy was trying to blame the tint :lol we told him what the rubber gaskets were doing and told him to take it to dodge and get it fixed because its not our problem. I tinted a 04 dodge a couple days ago and it has a gasket with the felt on it :lol mabey dodge has noticed the problem and switched gaskets finally.

there are a whole shitload of new cars and trucks and suv`s that have this RUBBER gasket, mainly dodge. the new caravan, dodge pu, grand cherokee, it could be a problem in the future for sure.

Dodge has not fixed the problem. They put 4 different gaskets in the Ram's since '02. But the tinters shouldn't be the ones complaining. It should be the customers. We've had a few come back and start whining, so we just show them the way back to the dealership and tell them to repeat it all to them.

Guest mosolarpro

same here its not our fault they make these thing this way, they probably will scratch the glass in the future anyway and if we send them back to the dealer then the manufacture is paying for this there more likely to change it quicker. also the customer will just b***h if we cut the rubber and want more money to felt it.

Archived