2006 CTS

finishlineautosports

Hey Guys,

I am new to window tinting, I have done a few vehicles for friends etc and thus far has gone pretty well.

Tonight, I offered to tint my friends 06 CTS for free just to practice and although I am not too worried about doing the doors right, am I better off removing the door panels? And if so, does anybody have any tips?

Second, this will be my first back window with any type of curvature. I got a heat gun and I have used it on a few other cars so I think I am good there. Is this a vehicle I will have to remove the rear deck on? If so, how does it remove?

Another newbie question: I have been cleaning the outside window, tracing out my pattern and then cleaning the inside of the glass with the Gila tint application spray and once I put the tint on, it does not want to really slide around so am I doing that wrong? Should I be mixing water and baby shampoo and spraying that on the window to move it around easily and then applying the Gila application spray to the tint itself or what?

Thanks for the help.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have already helped you as much as I will anyone that dont list their location and exp. in profile ...

Unfortunately if someone doesn't put their location into their profile during registration, they will not be able to add it until they have made 10 posts.

I know this sucks, blame the spammers.

Guest filmslayer
How do I remove the deck lid?

its been awhile , but I think it just clips in . I do remember you have to take the seat out first .... you should be able to look at it and figure it out ...

Archived