2006 CTS

finishlineautosports

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno
Right, I am referring to the molding at the bottom of the window, that seems to be behind the door panel. Do I just pull it out of there?

read what he said, you don't need to take that one out

how many times do we have to say it :lol2

Don't take it out?

I would really like to watch someone perfectly tint this window to the bottom without taking out the rear deck, it can MAYBE be done but I don't know...Myself and one other guy slid that tint down, pushed it down with squeegee's and it still was about 1/4" from bottom. Needless to say, I creased my last piece of tint so have to wait til friday to try again.

Don't take it out?

I would really like to watch someone perfectly tint this window to the bottom without taking out the rear deck, it can MAYBE be done but I don't know...Myself and one other guy slid that tint down, pushed it down with squeegee's and it still was about 1/4" from bottom. Needless to say, I creased my last piece of tint so have to wait til friday to try again.

a couple swipes with the proper tool and you are done. bulldoze, shuttle, etc.

Guest scottydosnntkno

I'd recommend some extra slip so you can slide the film around more than normal. I personally just swipe it with a quad'ed up microfiber on a sideswiper, and that pressure along with the water usually is enough to bend it away from the glass long enough to slide the film in.

Then, once the film is slid into place, I squeegee like normal, but push the bottom 3/4 down instead of to the sides, to help flush out the bottom. The last 2" of the squeegeeing I'll use a ezreach or red devil or other very very thin tool to smooth the film down first, then wrap it with a blue shop towel and go over it once more.

Easy peasy car when you pull the side rubbers

just hate that little antenna button on the top of the front and back windshield......

Yeah, it's not that difficult of a car really...The doors all turned out fine with one window has some minor bubbles showing but they should go away...If they don't, I'll redo that one.

The back window is not REAL difficult either being there is not a huge curve to the glass, we soaked the tint and glass pretty good but that bottom 1/4" was a PITA...We just need to wet it some more and use the proper tools to get down in there...I ordered some tools that should help redo the back glass as soon as I get some more tint friday.

if I remember correctly the rear deck kind of drops on and gets pretty tight down there :mad but a side swiper should reach or a stealth bomber. You dont have to pull the deck just move it forward an inch or two it slides right out after the retainers are removed.

Ok thanks for the tips...I receive more tint tomorrow to retry the rear.

In addition, he now is telling me that his 2 rear door windows are actually loose, I have not seen the car to verify this but how would this be possible? I find it very hard to believ, ESPECIALLY since the door panels/moldings where never moved or removed, nor was the window ever rolled down more than 1/4 of the way.

Archived