2010 Dodge Challenger, any tips?

FBO

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well guys, i finished the Challenger today. It came out really nice, and i tucked the film under the 3rd brake light by pulling on it a little. BUT, there were lines along side the Defroster lines, i tried and tried but they didnt go away. Will they get worse over time, or what should i do. I told the customer to come back in 20-30 days and ill try to seat them using a Pink card, she wanted 30% Global qdp all the way around it looked really nice, because the car is dark red. Any tips or ideas would help. Also, i didnt shrink the front door windows there were no fingers even after i ran my heat gun over it few times, bad idea?? Thanks for reading.

The video mdog did on removing the weatherstrip was very helpful. The new Camaro can be done almost the exact same way.

Yeah, i think im gonna start removing panels. So, about the the white lines along side defroster lines. Will they get worse? Thanks.

The video mdog did on removing the weatherstrip was very helpful. The new Camaro can be done almost the exact same way.

Yeah, i think im gonna start removing panels. So, about the the white lines along side defroster lines. Will they get worse? Thanks.

The challenger has REALLY thick defrosters so it's probably what we call peanuts that you are seeing. No it shouldn't get worse but you should call and get them fixed for the custy. Best way to deal with peanuts is to heat them up until the film is almost to the burning point then just let them sit until the glass cools down, usually about 5 minutes. then with the olfa pop a small hole at one end of the peanut and use a white hard card with a paper towel and push the peanut towards the hole you popped and most of the time it will lay right down and never come back, it may leave some adhesive smear but that should clear up..Or if the backglass has been baking in the sun for a few hours you can usually do the same method and get them out :please

The challenger has REALLY thick defrosters so it's probably what we call peanuts that you are seeing. No it shouldn't get worse but you should call and get them fixed for the custy. Best way to deal with peanuts is to heat them up until the film is almost to the burning point then just let them sit until the glass cools down, usually about 5 minutes. then with the olfa pop a small hole at one end of the peanut and use a white hard card with a paper towel and push the peanut towards the hole you popped and most of the time it will lay right down and never come back, it may leave some adhesive smear but that should clear up..Or if the backglass has been baking in the sun for a few hours you can usually do the same method and get them out :cool

seriously? poke a hole in the tint?? and if there is any "adhesive smear" it will be there to stay... but, there shouldn't be any puckers, peanuts or whatever you want to call them on this car.

He is simply talking about the way the film hangs "over" the thick lines.

Don't worry about it. If you run a finger over them when it comes back they might stick down the rest of the way, but unless it was some crazy looking lines then don't even worry about them. It is a normal thing. Use some 0000 or even 000 steel wool to clean it and that will help a ton as was stated already....

Well guys, i finished the Challenger today. It came out really nice, and i tucked the film under the 3rd brake light by pulling on it a little. BUT, there were lines along side the Defroster lines, i tried and tried but they didnt go away. Will they get worse over time, or what should i do. I told the customer to come back in 20-30 days and ill try to seat them using a Pink card, she wanted 30% Global qdp all the way around it looked really nice, because the car is dark red. Any tips or ideas would help. Also, i didnt shrink the front door windows there were no fingers even after i ran my heat gun over it few times, bad idea?? Thanks for reading.

No fingers, you are good, I don't think I shrink them. the BG, just run your finger across them after it dries a bit. you do what you can, but some things are just not going to be perfect.

Guest maddtinter

The challenger has REALLY thick defrosters so it's probably what we call peanuts that you are seeing. No it shouldn't get worse but you should call and get them fixed for the custy. Best way to deal with peanuts is to heat them up until the film is almost to the burning point then just let them sit until the glass cools down, usually about 5 minutes. then with the olfa pop a small hole at one end of the peanut and use a white hard card with a paper towel and push the peanut towards the hole you popped and most of the time it will lay right down and never come back, it may leave some adhesive smear but that should clear up..Or if the backglass has been baking in the sun for a few hours you can usually do the same method and get them out :spit

seriously? poke a hole in the tint?? and if there is any "adhesive smear" it will be there to stay... but, there shouldn't be any puckers, peanuts or whatever you want to call them on this car.

He is simply talking about the way the film hangs "over" the thick lines.

Don't worry about it. If you run a finger over them when it comes back they might stick down the rest of the way, but unless it was some crazy looking lines then don't even worry about them. It is a normal thing. Use some 0000 or even 000 steel wool to clean it and that will help a ton as was stated already....

000 steel wool.You want somebody to scratch the glass? :cool

used 000 a few times myself and I know at least one on here that has said that is all they use.....

you can scratch the glass with a blue or white scrub pad too or even the 0000 steel wool will scratch the glass. It is all about what we see or don't see that matters...

I use 000 for removing some old nasty glue IF I have to do a removal on some nasty back window.....the 0000 plugs up too fast.

Guest maddtinter
used 000 a few times myself and I know at least one on here that has said that is all they use.....

you can scratch the glass with a blue or white scrub pad too or even the 0000 steel wool will scratch the glass. It is all about what we see or don't see that matters...

I use 000 for removing some old nasty glue IF I have to do a removal on some nasty back window.....the 0000 plugs up too fast.

I scub like hell with 0000 s/wool and white scrub pads.That must be why my arms are huge with muscles. :lol NEVER have scratched with white scubbies.0000 s/wool maybe once or twice.

Archived