2001 Deville Soft Top

finishlineautosports

A friend of mine would like me to tint his 01 Deville which has the soft top on it. I only saw the car briefly but if I put the tint on the outside of the glass and cut it down to size and then shrink, is it going to be to short on the inside? I am probably just over analyzing it but it also appears taking out the rear deck would make this installation easier as the bottom of the glass and rear deck seem to be very tight.

Any tips or suggestions?

Soft tops suck man....so good luck. What we do is get a decent size piece of film. Cut the bottom and one of the sides. Shrink. Then move it down & over about 2-4 inches, cut the rest, and shrink. After that, I usually move it around a couple of times and make sure its heated pretty well and then mount it. If you cut it even, you'll see light.

Soft tops suck man....so good luck. What we do is get a decent size piece of film. Cut the bottom and one of the sides. Shrink. Then move it down & over about 2-4 inches, cut the rest, and shrink. After that, I usually move it around a couple of times and make sure its heated pretty well and then mount it. If you cut it even, you'll see light.

Yeah that sounds like a good way to do it. I'll just do it until I get it right! The nice thing is no dot matrix shows from the outside either :lol I suppose this is a situation where "computer cut" patterns may come in handy huh? I will practice through the winter by hand cutting them, and once spring rolls around, if I am doing enough volume, I will have to invest in that. I wish I had the money right now since I can get a plotter from Solar Gard for $2k less than regular cost.

Archived