Great, Cheap, Korean Film

true black express window films read the banner for info good price awesome film lifetime warranty extruded poly so no color push like most korean films 1800filmnow

you know joe d... you're such a ass-kisser to Howard, its not even funny... its even funnier that you proclaim ewf's true black to better than other asian films out there... when theres obvious color changing (http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=60708&st=0&gopid=830740entry830740 <-- a post about TB changing color).

next time, don't put down other films when you don't know squat.

To anyone who's interested in Asian made films...

1) 2ply glue-dyed constructed films are okay if you live in an area with a low UV index (your film will fade but will not turn purple)

2) never buy poly extruded dyed films from any asian manufacturer (true black and other asian films have shown the ills of color changing)

3) stick with global...or american made films (llumar, johnsons, sun-tek)

4) you pay for what you get

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Tint4Food,

As far as I know, Joe is not violating and board rules and is free to "Express" himself as he see's fit!

There are probably few people more familiar with the strengths and limitations of the Asian films than I am. My first of many trips to Asia was over a decade ago and since that time I have been testing, evaluating and marketing those products to professionals in the USA.

Your point #3 is correct and I agree with you, but the Asian films have an undeniable (and growing) place in this market. Comparing them to Global & Llumar is not fair. As I have posted so many other times, films like TB are not Global or Llumar, but for the money they are very, very good and constantly improving.

If you are an "only the best at any price" type of dealer, then the choice is clear: Global and/or Llumar is the way to go. But a very large segment of the market demands a wide range of choices in terms of price point and construction type. This is a undeniable fact and comparisons can be found across a wide range of products. A Honda is not a Mercedes-Benz, but they out sell the Germans by a wide mark. Ask a Lexis owner how happy he is with his Asian car.

I have read derogatory terms like "sweat shop" used to describe some manufacturers. These films are made in very wealthy and prosperous countries where education and graduation rates have (unfortunately) surpassed our own. ISO-9002 clean rooms and brand new fully automated state-of-the-art European coater/laminators are standard fare in these plants.

It's all about choice, manufacturer capabilities, strengths. limitations and experience. I don't agree with writing it all off as "inferior". There are thousands of very savvy and experienced installers who use these films and are going to continue doing so.

-Howard

I can add that some of them use machines MADE IN LATVIA :dunno - of course best machines in the world, from factory with 50 (!!!) years experience in coaters.

And americans also use this machines.

But - anycase I love Vodka :yawn

One more question I asked here many-many times.

Asian for You means WHAT.

MADE IN ASIA (in that case which Asia China or Japan?)

Owned by Asian?

Sold by asian?

Made from raw materials MADE IN ASIA?

Made in factory owned by americans/europeans but located in Asia?

Guest hotrodjag
Obviously, Wintech Chris has never tinted before in his life... but as a salesman, I'm sure he has a wealth of knowledge in this industry and has a deep understanding of the tinter's need.

well I hope. Logistics of it though is he hasnt been in the biz long enough to even see window tint he has sold fail...

but I am not hating on him , i just wanted to know what his background was.

Obviously, Wintech Chris has never tinted before in his life... but as a salesman, I'm sure he has a wealth of knowledge in this industry and has a deep understanding of the tinter's need.

lets hope ! or people like us will eat him alive .... :lol

with tabasco!!! He already has a Leo all over him :lol2

But he can learn a lot from this place I am sure.

hah yeup, I am learning a lot from this forum. Well if you would like to know 3 years ago, I was studying @ UCSD (university of california San Diego) majoring in biochemistry. But after 3 years of doin it, it simply just wasnt my cup of tea. SO, i switched over to economics and graduated within a year to try out the business world / the sales world. it has been cool so far :lol2

Chris - do You like VODKA?

haha i prefer vodka over dark. im assuming you're quite fond of vodka leo? haha :lol2

hey chris where you at sema show 2009 ? your booth was across the hall from me ... i had both ferrari"s there f40 and 550 .. ne way im pretty sure we met ... good luck on here

Ian

ULTRAFILMUSA.com

Guest hotrodjag
I can add that some of them use machines MADE IN LATVIA :D - of course best machines in the world, from factory with 50 (!!!) years experience in coaters.

But - anycase I love Vodka :lol2

Owned by Asian?

Sold by asian?

well said !!!!!!!!!!!! imo some people need to get their heads out of there a$$ .

Guest hotrodjag
Hey Everyone. So is there such a thing as a very good/great Korean/China/Japan film that is easy to use, looks great, and cheap? Lifetime warranties would be icing on the cake. Does such a beast exist or is this a pipe dream? :lol2

send me your info ill send you some samples

hotrodjag@aol.com

ian

The reason many Americans like to buy American made goods and resent goods made in other countries is that most of our manufacturing ability in America was killed by regulators who at the same time were investing in Asian factories.

The American economy is now dying, Americans trying to buy American made goods are trying to support our economy and create jobs, instead of become in debt to a country that uses slave labor to compete against us.

Not difficult to understand. :lol2

I can add that some of them use machines MADE IN LATVIA :D - of course best machines in the world, from factory with 50 (!!!) years experience in coaters.

But - anycase I love Vodka :lol2

Owned by Asian?

Sold by asian?

well said !!!!!!!!!!!! imo some people need to get their heads out of there a$$ .

:lol2:D:lol2

The reason many Americans like to buy American made goods and resent goods made in other countries is that most of our manufacturing ability in America was killed by regulators who at the same time were investing in Asian factories.

The American economy is now dying, Americans trying to buy American made goods are trying to support our economy and create jobs, instead of become in debt to a country that uses slave labor to compete against us.

Not difficult to understand. :lol2

Ric, problem is more complicated.

Sorry for telling that here.

Giant corporations cry: BUY AMERICAN.

But from other side look HOW increase their margin - and move their factories somewhere to cheap area.

I cant telll exact name - but there are some areas with very cheap labor - under USA protectorate which have right to print MADE IN USA.

I dont bash anybody - that's a system.

Like aso usuing cheap chinese or mexican labor....

And that's not about window films.

Everything.

look around, look at Youself - and see what's and where is made.

The problem is americans are very patriotic and trustfull - and industrial giants use it.

They cheat americans.

I am also fighting here - IN LATVIA - for OUR COUNTRY support, but seems I am realy lonely idiot here.

P.S. By the way LEXUS - what's that?

Archived