Great, Cheap, Korean Film

Wow guys...never seen Howard have responses such as the above. Howard...save the blood flow and mind set.

justn8, humble yourself to learn from those that actually do know and have been there. I had always been taught to respect your elders and learn from the wise. 4 years experience and your 23...with as much confidence in you, you aught to be more a student rather than one who provides "guesses" on what film is or is not. This site truly can help you if you are willing to learn.

There was a time before tintdude, where you would have to fly thousands of miles to see things personally to make sure what you were buying is what they were really selling. With the power of the internet, has "changed" everything.

Who here has invested time and money to verify and confirm of what they speak of? Who here knows what the %s mean rather than what its meant to define?

I don't come onto this site as often as I should, but when I do...I'm always impressed with Howard and his willingness and humility to even proivde his valuable time to those who don't deserve it. There are others such as Howard and I commend all of you for steering our industry in the right direction.

Manufacturer, laminators / coaters, distributors, dealers...there was a time when you couldn't even speak to manufacturers reps without millions in your pocket...now you have the presidents of companies manning booths. The beauty of a slow economy is, it brings out the best in front of you. You simply have to realize and recognize it. It's extremely funny when you have some that "claim" to know when the same people have yet to see a "master roll".

"Window film is a science and window film installation is an art." For those that understand and accept that...you're on your way to know.

One last bit of advice for the young ones...if you find some of those guys or gals that have been in this industy for at LEAST 25 years or more, try and befriend them. If you plan on taking this industry "for real", they will be your best guides in an ever changing world.

And as for the cheap Korean films...I would strongly reccomend everyone take a look at the latest Window Film Magazine...watch out U.S.A...the Asians have landed.

Pacific Islander, perhaps you misred. The only time I speak up is if it's either an opinion based thread or it's something that seems fishy.

I generally am humble and thoroughly enjoy learning from the legitimate, successful and experienced ones on here (Howard most definitely being one, he's taken significant time out to explain things to me). There are many others too, too many to list in fact, who have given me advice and time when they owe me nothing.

The other poster here has made loose claims and seems to generally enjoy stirring the pot. If I could fly to every factory just to see, I would. Since I cannot, I base most opinions on what those who have not only gone to them, but deal with them on a regular basis have to say. And who share that knowledge in a clear, concise and professional manner. The other fellow has not done that, and if that is how he choses to relate his experience, he can keep it. I'm sure most would agree.

Pacific, I wish you would post more often here since you are a wealth of knowledge and a respected member :twocents:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pacific Islander

My bad Justin...please accept my apologies. You're absolutely correct by saying "the other poster".

Kind regards,

Pacific Islander

There out there!!! And some of you are buying it now thinking its US made!!! LOL

Interestingly, I had ordered a couple rolls of "ceramic" film off eBay a year ago to try out. When I opened it the rolls had all the tell tell signs of coming from Nexfil - the silver piece of tape with the arrow on it being a dead give away. Anyway, I did a couple of windows on a personal car and then set the rolls aside.

Fast forward to last week. I got the film out to do a small job and was absolutely amazed at how it felt just like Solargard's Galaxie line. It was heavier of course, but the poly felt extremely like the same stuff I get from San Diego. Galaxie is NOT a ceramic I know, and this stuff was definitely thicker and had all the characteristics of a ceramic film. I was just shocked at how much it felt like Solargard.

So, perhaps Bekeart is having their film made by Nexfil :dunno and then shipped to the US to be "assembled" and "boxed" in the "new and improved" :thumb "eco-friendly" brown boxes?

Would be my guess for this "so-called" American film.

(Spelling-edit)

Ceramic...One more window film legend...

Like many others...

Yea and you know what if some of these so called cheap crapy korean films can last 4 to 6 years what is the difference between that and some expencive 5 year films??? Notta your just paying more.............. You guys will see and learn... They are getting more and more inavative each year.... those koreans...

The difference is jobs that stay in this country. It's not a level playing field, and you will pay a few bucks more for US made products. Or we can see our wages go down to $3 an hour and all will be well, right?

Guest fredstinting
Hey Everyone. So is there such a thing as a very good/great Korean/China/Japan film that is easy to use, looks great, and cheap? Lifetime warranties would be icing on the cake. Does such a beast exist or is this a pipe dream? :music

you can buy soltek window films its made in korea

it gives a lifetime warranty ... i have used it for 10years

Hey Everyone. So is there such a thing as a very good/great Korean/China/Japan film that is easy to use, looks great, and cheap? Lifetime warranties would be icing on the cake. Does such a beast exist or is this a pipe dream? :lol

you can buy soltek window films its made in korea

it gives a lifetime warranty ... i have used it for 10years

So. Is it any good? :lol

Just because you use it doesn't mean it's good.

There out there!!! And some of you are buying it now thinking its US made!!! LOL

Interestingly, I had ordered a couple rolls of "ceramic" film off eBay a year ago to try out. When I opened it the rolls had all the tell tell signs of coming from Nexfil - the silver piece of tape with the arrow on it being a dead give away. Anyway, I did a couple of windows on a personal car and then set the rolls aside.

Fast forward to last week. I got the film out to do a small job and was absolutely amazed at how it felt just like Solargard's Galaxie line. It was heavier of course, but the poly felt extremely like the same stuff I get from San Diego. Galaxie is NOT a ceramic I know, and this stuff was definitely thicker and had all the characteristics of a ceramic film. I was just shocked at how much it felt like Solargard.

So, perhaps Bekeart is having their film made by Nexfil :lol and then shipped to the US to be "assembled" and "boxed" in the "new and improved" :barf "eco-friendly" brown boxes?

(Spelling-edit)

Busted,

Dan, if you are ever in the San Diego area please accept my invitation to take a tour of our factory. It would be my pleasure to show you what we do here and why we do it so well. As you know these films are advanced these days and there is a lot more to these products than just "feel". We designed Galaxie to compete specifically against several very popular films on the market today for their reputation as installer friendly products.

If you have never toured a film plant before its a great experience, I highly recommend you ask your current supplier for the same opportunity. Its a very informative and fun experience. Call me when you are in the area, I'll get you a beer too :beer

Tim,

Gracious offer. IF I'm ever there, I WILL take you up on it.

I Figure Bekeart OWES me (you know what I mean here), and that is the very least they could do to be penitent.

So, am I to believe I got this right since you say you are "busted"? :lol

So, perhaps Bekeart is having their film made by Nexfil :D and then shipped to the US to be "assembled" and "boxed" in the "new and improved" :barf "eco-friendly" brown boxes?

(Spelling-edit)

Busted,

Dan, if you are ever in the San Diego area please accept my invitation to take a tour of our factory. It would be my pleasure to show you what we do here and why we do it so well. As you know these films are advanced these days and there is a lot more to these products than just "feel". We designed Galaxie to compete specifically against several very popular films on the market today for their reputation as installer friendly products.

If you have never toured a film plant before its a great experience, I highly recommend you ask your current supplier for the same opportunity. Its a very informative and fun experience. Call me when you are in the area, I'll get you a beer too :beer

Tim,

I Figure Bekeart OWES me (you know what I mean here), and that is the very least they could do to be penitent.

So, am I to believe I got this right since you say you are "busted"? :dunno

Lol, no I was being facetious and yes I would be pleased to roll out the red carpet for you. I think its important for you to see there are a lot more faces behind this company than the sales rep who treated you poorly in the past. :thumb

So, perhaps Bekeart is having their film made by Nexfil :D and then shipped to the US to be "assembled" and "boxed" in the "new and improved" :barf "eco-friendly" brown boxes?

(Spelling-edit)

Busted,

If you have never toured a film plant before its a great experience, I highly recommend you ask your current supplier for the same opportunity. Its a very informative and fun experience. Call me when you are in the area, I'll get you a beer too :barf

Tim,

So, am I to believe I got this right since you say you are "busted"? :dunno

Lol, no I was being facetious and yes I would be pleased to roll out the red carpet for you. I think its important for you to see there are a lot more faces behind this company than the sales rep who treated you poorly in the past. :thumb

Class act for sure :beer

So, perhaps Bekeart is having their film made by Nexfil :bingo and then shipped to the US to be "assembled" and "boxed" in the "new and improved" :barf "eco-friendly" brown boxes?

(Spelling-edit)

Busted,

Tim,

So, am I to believe I got this right since you say you are "busted"? :lol

Class act for sure :thumb

Ditto :thumb

Archived