Tucking and lifting.

I read with interest those who tuck and lift and I'd like to be advised at what time level do you lift back the door inner seal?

Is it after the film has been 100% air dried by means of a heat source or left out in the sunshine to naturally cure at its own rate or how?

Sure as hell it can't be retrieved when it's still even the slightest bit damp.

Thanks,

Devil

I tint the doors first so they can start to set up, then do the backglass, right as I am ready to roll the car out I untuck the seals. thats one of the things I love about LLUMASTAR ATR charcoal, it dries FAST. getting the soap mixture right helps the film TACK up alot faster, if you use too much soap it wont tack up as quickly. if I notice alot of standing water on the seal I will use the heatgun to blow and dry the water up before I untuck it.

Guest thetintshop
I tint the doors first so they can start to set up, then do the backglass, right as I am ready to roll the car out I untuck the seals. thats one of the things I love about LLUMASTAR ATR charcoal, it dries FAST. getting the soap mixture right helps the film TACK up alot faster, if you use too much soap it wont tack up as quickly. if I notice alot of standing water on the seal I will use the heatgun to blow and dry the water up before I untuck it.

what mdog said. :nope

I always have my customers pick it up at least 1-2 hours after I'm done. I untuck right before they get here. if they're waiting on it, I hit it with the heat gun. only takes a couple seconds with my porter cable. :lol6:thumb

Guest Sprinter

if you do the doors first then the rear window the film should have enough time to set up with nothing hitting or leaning against it to soak up moisture, by the time your done cleaning the car up you should be able to pull the seal with no problem and right after you pul them run your 1/4 cut hard card with a paper towel around it down the seal edge make sure your under the edge and that will soak up any remaining water on the felt seal. at this point you should be ready to go!

The longer the rbber is tucked and exposed to sun the more memory of that position it takes on, which will make it hard for the rubber to flip back on its own.

Those that tuck and flip before deliver are on the right track.

I once tucked and left it only to have the customer call to say the rubber flipped on its own and lifted the film off the glass. Never left it tucked again... always lifted it back before the client picked the car up.

Archived