True Black Changing to True Brown

Guest gabe

Hi guest,

Your eye is going to pick up things that the customer does not - that is a given. But the customer is the final authority. If he or she is happy, so am I.

In a year it will probably look the same, just lighter.

Yes. You can visit us in Danbury and I will show you hundreds of test plates.

-Howard

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why not? It's beautiful here this time of year. Leaves are turning, air is cooling off!!

-Howard

I would love to see it...... :lol2

I was laughing because I read it as....

Person 1: Can We see some examples ?

Person 2: Sure, drive Your azz up here.... :)

Booms,

We would be honored to have you visit. We would roll out the red carpet for you, Booms !!!!

Why we don't post QUV results pics:

First: Looking at test plates of any one brand of film is meaningless unless you look at them side by side with competing films. The QUV is a destructive test and there is no way we are going to post pics of other manufacturer's films after long exposure times. As a private label, we have no desire to upset (or get sued by) any manufacturer. We may need their help one day in developing a product.

Second: The QUV is not a sales tool. It's a research tool. It's one important way for us to assess whether or not to put a film in our catalog. If EWF (or anyone else) started using QUV results as a selling feature, I myself would question the validity of the test. Believe me, it would not be very difficult to "fudge" a test with this machine. The fact that we do not publish pictures of the test results is very significant. Think about it: Since the tests are for "our eyes only" why would we invest all that time, money and labor just to deliberately fool ourselves? If we discover that a film has longevity problems, what sense would there be in putting that film in our catalog? Ticking time bombs are not our idea of fun. We are all about finding customers the best films we can find in any particular price range, be it an automotive, flat glass or security film.

As those who have visited us in Danbury will tell you, I have been known to display and discuss a few test plates in a personal one-on-one setting with the understanding that our conversation is confidential. I like demonstrating the capabilities of the machine and discussing how the test results guide our product line decisions. That's a far cry from posting pictures on the internet. Maybe when I retire one day and no longer have anyone to answer to. Then again, maybe not.

I will tell you a good QUV story:

You may have read in a previous post that the Global distributors met earlier this year in Chicago. We have some "new blood" on the team and I wanted to get them as enthusiastic about Global as I am. So I took along some QUV test plates to show them how well the Global Films are made. Keep in mind that I don't sell Global Film to these guys (they buy factory direct as I do) so they knew I was shooting straight with them.

After looking at the plates and seeing how well Global held up compared to our competitors, they all asked why I could not just give them the plates so they could take them to prospective new dealers to recruit new business. I turned them down. I believe if I let them do that, we would get accused of manipulating the tests (not hard to do). My only goal was to build their confidence so that they would know that they were selling a top-shelf product! It worked well and our new distributors are very enthusiastic.

Hope to see you here soon Booms !!!!!!!

-Howard

I intalled tru black on my car in May, I checked the top edge, where about an inch goes up hidden in the molding. When i rolled the window down, I could see that the top edge was a black tone and the rest was a slight tone of brown. I can't believe this faded out in 6 months.

I wouldn't recomment this film to anyone living in hot climates, florida, texas, arizona(anywhere the sun shines). Plus, this film didn't reject heat worth of shiat!

I guess its true though, "You get what you pay for".

I intalled tru black on my car in May, I checked the top edge, where about an inch goes up hidden in the molding. When i rolled the window down, I could see that the top edge was a black tone and the rest was a slight tone of brown. I can't believe this faded out in 6 months.

I wouldn't recomment this film to anyone living in hot climates, florida, texas, arizona(anywhere the sun shines). Plus, this film didn't reject heat worth of shiat!

I guess its true though, "You get what you pay for".

Same thing happened to me the other day .I think true black is on the third gen version now and it seems much better than before as far as adhesive, blotchiness etc.

Guest slowneasy

Does anyone wanna try and guess were this film is coming from? The adhesive should be the give away. Leave it on for a few years and try to remove it, the two plys will spilt apart.

Archived