Another 944, maybe scooter can chime in on howto do it under 4 hours&#

The ///Man

Nice way to go your the man! LOL

I can't get those in even two pieces. DOH I tried, almost got it but my inexperienced non-old school azz just cant figure out those bottom corners.

Plus I couldn't get the edges clean and thought vinyl would shrink to fast and gap up. What vinyl did you use?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice way to go your the man! LOL

I can't get those in even two pieces. DOH I tried, almost got it but my inexperienced non-old school azz just cant figure out those bottom corners.

Plus I couldn't get the edges clean and thought vinyl would shrink to fast and gap up. What vinyl did you use?

It's just oracal vinyl, I will have to see which, but their middle grade stuff, 7 year I think. It didn't need any shrinking, I put the whole sheet over the backglass, kind of like making a visor, but stuck everything down, then trimmed it so only the edges were left. As for the bottom corners, I heated them a lot, the edges were even a bit singed, then bumped it down 1/4" and trimmed off the singed part. then made my top. There were a few small fingers in the corners, but they heated down fine. One thing I did a little difference than normal was I made the top part after I installed the bottom, it save me film since I had to move my seem down 2 lines because the film just wouldn't shrink where I had it the 1st time. I threw away like 3 bottoms before I was happy, but the top went the 1st time.

is the back glass in one piece?

looks very nice...better you than me :lol

and just curious....do you pull the quarters out?

Quarters out, they are very easy to take in and out. I gave a 1 piecer a try, just not enough shrinking in the film, it's 2 pieced.

i figured you were one of the smart ones and would take the quarters out. :lol and i figured it wasn't one piece either. last one i did was a 3 piecer so you're one up on me. :lol:lol

Archived