Beetle Conv 1 me 0..

Guest youngazntinter

Guest youngazntinter

so.....being an amateur tinter(since no shop) for 3years,,,, never had a chance to get my hands on VW beetle....

was hopin to do a hard top but had to be satisfied to get my hands on one of my friend's 08 beetle conv.....

which i thought it shouldnt be too hard so i got it in to start..

long story short,,, this car just whooped my A$$ .... side windows needed to be heat shrink which i expected but being conv. them stupid windows kept

rollin down every damn time i opened a door..also them quarter windows rolled down too.....

back glass which i THOUGHT easy to do also whooped my ass again............

to make things worse than possibly it is,,, my heat gun blew up right at the end of my 4hr ass kicking hours.......!!!!!!!!

after about 50' of film i wasted,,,finally got done...well,,, 90% done since my heat gun blew up and it was already past 11pm..

i just wanted to say you pros,,,, i gotta give ya...man this conv kicked my ass,,, cant imagine what hardtops wouldve done.....lol

I am also an amateur and had the pleasure of tinting a friends '01 beetle hardtop. It whooped my a$$ too. Made me take a hard look at the art of window tinting and if it would be possible for me to tackle. Took me about 5 hours and alot of wasted film. I can wait a lifetime before I do another one of those. Once it was done, it came out pretty good so I was happy. I did have to two piece the back window though. :please I just wanted it done!

I am also an amateur and had the pleasure of tinting a friends '01 beetle hardtop. It whooped my a$ too. Made me take a hard look at the art of window tinting and if it would be possible for me to tackle. Took me about 5 hours and alot of wasted film. I can wait a lifetime before I do another one of those. Once it was done, it came out pretty good so I was happy. I did have to two piece the back window though. :thumb I just wanted it done!

no shame in doing a 2 piece on that window-well done

Archived