Ultimate Spray bottle test

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there anything wrong with pump sprayers?

Yeah, You try doing 5 to 7 cars a day for 15 plus years, lifting something that weighs 7 or 8 pounds. No thanks. :whisper

You don't know what I tried. Anyways, so its the weight vs. the constant triggering action? Are there other pros and cons for each?

Yeah, You try doing 5 to 7 cars a day for 15 plus years, lifting something that weighs 7 or 8 pounds. No thanks. :whisper

You don't know what I tried. Anyways, so its the weight vs. the constant triggering action? Are there other pros and cons for each?

To me, just the hassle of filling, pumping, cleaning and dealing with ruptured hoses and bad seals is enough to out-weigh all the cons of using a trigger bottle. Flat glass is a different story but I don't do much flat glass. However, if I do have a flat glass job, I prefer my 3.5 gallon pump sprayer.

Guest Retnitorp
You don't know what I tried. Are there other pros and cons for each?

For me I use a stainless pump up tank at the peel board.

hand held spray bottle is what I use when doing a vehicle.

I was trained Auto Tinting using them.plus there were not many other options back then.

I use a few different amounts of soap mixtures. depending on the type of window I am doing,and also the situation.so I have min of 3 mixtures.and one of them I will refill with my stainless tank,it is the soap mixture that I use the most.

I like the fact that they are easier to control the spray pressure, spray pattern,and amount of spray.

The ones I use the spray head can be totally disassembled for easy cleaning,and also I have removed the useless screen most come with at the end of the pickup tube added a micron filter to prevent contamination.

I am sure a Cornelius tank works great for others on a vehicle.

Yeah, You try doing 5 to 7 cars a day for 15 plus years, lifting something that weighs 7 or 8 pounds. No thanks. :blink:

To me, just the hassle of filling, pumping, cleaning and dealing with ruptured hoses and bad seals is enough to out-weigh all the cons of using a trigger bottle. Flat glass is a different story but I don't do much flat glass. However, if I do have a flat glass job, I prefer my 3.5 gallon pump sprayer.

I love the old Zep sprayers, mine finally went out on me.....the tips were spraying funny and I couldnt adjust them and they were leaking around the top of the bottle...tried the new ones and they really suck so I got me some old spraymasters and they work alright, just not a comfortable as the old Zeps!!!!!!!! :beer

Yeah, You try doing 5 to 7 cars a day for 15 plus years, lifting something that weighs 7 or 8 pounds. No thanks. :lol2

You don't know what I tried.....

:lol Wow, people are so defensive. It was just a figure of speech. Sorry. :mad

wiener :lol

Joe and Angie! :twocents

Guest tintjam65

Yeah, You try doing 5 to 7 cars a day for 15 plus years, lifting something that weighs 7 or 8 pounds. No thanks. :spit

I use a Trigger sprayer for a couple of auto windows and as a back up to the Impact 1.25 liter pressure sprayer. Never used a tank or anything larger than hand-held sprayer even when doing a 35K install.

Trigger sprayer is nice but it has an incontinence issue, sending you back to the sink over and over again.

Same goes for hand-held but less time visiting the sink, versatile and won't bust your bzzall's carrying it from one place to another.

Tank sprayers work well for those who tint really big and don't mind waving their hose around in public. :evileye

Archived