I found out what is wrong with me.

Guest Retnitorp

Guest Retnitorp

Well i found out what has been wrong with me Today.

I was told it is cervical stenosis on the spine, and i have to have neck surgery.

I am not sure of what type of surgery i will need at this point, next step is to see a neurosurgeon, if i do not do anything about this they told me i will end up in a wheel chair.

Here is what i found on-line, that discribs what i am feeling.

Pressure on the spinal cord (myelopathy) is a greater concern, because it can lead to permanent spinal cord damage. Symptoms from myelopathy vary. Feelings of numbness or weakness can affect both arms and both legs. A loss of muscle control in the legs, called spasticity, may cause difficulty walking. "Position sense" may be lost in the arms or legs. This affects the ability to know where your arms or legs are when your eyes are closed. When this occurs it becomes difficult to use the arm and hands and to know where you are placing your feet as you walk.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Retnitorp

A "BIG THANKS" to all of you for your comments. :beer

I sure hope after all of this is over i will feel like i did a few month's ago, as this has been a very emotional time for me not knowing what was wrong, like

just thinking of all of the things this could have turned out to be, But now i do feel very lucky that it sounds like so far this will be treatable with surgery.

I will keep posting updates in this thread.

A "BIG THANKS" to all of you for your comments. :beer

I sure hope after all of this is over i will feel like i did a few month's ago, as this has been a very emotional time for me not knowing what was wrong, like

just thinking of all of the things this could have turned out to be, But now i do feel very lucky that it sounds like so far this will be treatable with surgery.

I will keep posting updates in this thread.

Good luck man, hope everything turns out ok.

Archived