i need help

Guest beachtint

Guest beachtint

I ve installed 3m film for 10 years. I started my own business with llumar film. I ve never done sales always a great installer. What are the main details i need to cover when talking to a homeowner. Has anyone used the ls 65 gn. What films should I push to homeowners. Thank you

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Retnitorp

A lot more is involved in residential then just talking to the homeowner, have you educated yourself on what can cause glass failure and why, when selecting a film for an installation?.

Guest beachtint

Could you point me in to the right direction. I ve looked on there web for info. I do know that darker or clear films absorb more heat. My rep is always short with me and droped a book off, a box of film then took off. Welcome to the company

That was the exact same attitude I received from my Lulu rep and it is why I haven't sold a single sqft of their film. Honestly if you cannot get support from the person that benefits more than anyone except for yourself then you need to find someone else.

Guest beachtint
i do know alot about window film. i guess im nt confident in my sells. Im getting worked by other dealers. You know of any good clear fiims besides vista i sell more car film then anything. they wouldn't give the deal

i do know alot about window film. i guess im nt confident in my sells. Im getting worked by other dealers. You know of any good clear fiims besides vista i sell more car film then anything. they wouldn't give the deal

Uh I didnt say that...

Moving from auto to flat is a tough transition. Very technical, its a totally different beast.

You must be the EXPERT in your field. Relying on advice from a sales rep is not going to cut it. That is why I suggested studying up so you understand the technical side to this business. The goal is to be the consultant, to be well versed in your field that is how you will work your competitors.

If you need help with your sales skills head to the bookstore and pick up some books on sales. "selling the invisible" and "1 minute salesman" are good places to start. If your tactic is to be the lowest priced guy in town, you will soon be out of business. Window film needs to be sold on the perceived value it adds, not based on your COGS. You also have to get rid of your own price intimidation. There are people that are afraid to ask for a large order because they don't have they kind of money and can't imagine that others do. If you go into a million dollar home, look around, chances are they have lots of expensive stuff and are willing to pay for quality. Don't be afraid to ask for more than your competitor. Why? Because you are worth it but then you have to deliver.

True story: I met one of my rivals leaving a high end home. He said I shouldn't bother because no one would spend $1000 for tint. The cushy had 750sf. We needed ladders and a lift and about three days. When we presented product features and benefits, procedures and timing, price became secondary. The job was done for much more than $1000. The custy was happy and had more work done. BTW, he thought the first guy was a tool because he was intimidated by the size of the house and the complexity of the job.

If you are waiting for your manny rep to help, forget it. They don't know how to sell either.

My MMM rep once asked, "if being a salesman were illegal would there be evidence enough to convict me?" I kicked him out because it was his first visit in two years!

I close about 80%. No matter what the custy says, I do the same presentation: Warm up, needs analysis, industry background, manny background, review our credibility (license, insurance, photos, memberships), build value, price conditioning, create urgency, trial close, find the money, present the contract and ask for the order. If you do it right, you are the only logical choice because your competitor threw down a swatch book, his best price and crossed his fingers and hoped for the best.

Remember, if the custy knows nothing about you or your product, then his only choice is to go with the lowest price. If they balk on price, I look for the nicest thing in the house. Almost all my custy have Bose Wave radio. Why did they spend $300 on a radio when you can get a generic for $20. Window film is no different. If they believe in the value and your skills and integrity, price does not matter.

Archived