Frost film lifting....

Guest Mario

Maybe I am not seeing this picture right, but from what I see it seems like the problem is cleaning. Again maybe I m not looking at it right, but there seems to be some paint on the edges. if I am seeing it right, then that would be your problem.

Paint is not the issue. The panes were kind of rough anyway... The glass was clean for install(per normal procedures for applying film). Never had this problem with any other type of film(edges lifting).

If I read your comments to my comments correctly you precut the film to size elsewhere then installed it.

If you use Olfa Blades that come in the 50 pack then you already have a 1" and a just over 1/2" spacer. Just install as normal close to frames. It doesn't have to be "exact". Then let film bond to the glass as needed. (I hope you did do a test to see how long this film takes to bond.) When its bonded sufficiently hold blade pack against the frame with one hand and your Olfa in the other and trim to fit right on the glass. As long as the frames are good and straight your trims will be too.

If I read your comments to my comments correctly you precut the film to size elsewhere then installed it.

If you use Olfa Blades that come in the 50 pack then you already have a 1" and a just over 1/2" spacer. Just install as normal close to frames. It doesn't have to be "exact". Then let film bond to the glass as needed. (I hope you did do a test to see how long this film takes to bond.) When its bonded sufficiently hold blade pack against the frame with one hand and your Olfa in the other and trim to fit right on the glass. As long as the frames are good and straight your trims will be too.

Hey, thanks for the great tip! I knew there was a reason for keeping the "old " blade packs! I'll go via this method. Apparently, pre-cutting causes a lift issue with this frost film.

Thanks, again...

Mario

Archived