PITA 2004 Grand Prix BG

finishlineautosports

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought it would maybe be easier and more even if I did it all the way across at once too, I used an H anchor and then went all the way across as I shrunk, and I still had the same issue so maybe its like you said and maybe that caused the horizontal wrinkles because I was just over shrinking it?

It depends on how "tight" the horizontal wrinkles are. If they are "loose" wrinkles, its not over shrunk. If they are "tight" then maybe.

I'm just surprised that I had over shrunk it because I applied heat across really quick, not staying in one spot for long so maybe I'll have to turn my heat gun on low or something.

Those horizontal wrinkles were getting tighter as I went down the window. And they would move down the window fairly easy but then when you got near the bottom, I couldn't push them out the bottom obviously so at the bottom I think is what was causing the tint to curl back on the inside apparently meaning that I had over shrunk it. Do you think that is the reason I got the horizontal wrinkles in the first place? The horizontal wrinkles wouldn't start appearing until I was in the middle of my horizontal anchor and the bottom.

Sounds like you're over shrinking to me. This happens when you apply the EXACT amount of heat as you make passes. Try giving heat ONLY where it needs to be shrunk and less heat where the film lays flat. As you make passes and get to where the films laying sorta flat, don't keep the heatgun in there long or it'll overshrink.

Thanks Tint Factory Car Shine!

PJ, I am applying the same amount of heat across the entire glass instead of just in certain spots so I think its just a matter of a few small factors creating one bigger issue for me but the overshrinking seems like a good explanation, however I make such quick passes to avoid burning the tint that it just boggles my mind. Like I said though, maybe I need to turn the heat on low?

The other thing is when I finally get it almost shrunk and I am about to get rid of the last finger or two completely, the finger has such a arch to it that when I use heat, it just makes a sharp crease down the middle which is frustrating to because sometimes I'll get a window damn near perfect and then that last one or two fingers will ruin an entire window.

Archived