Few tips maybe..?

Hey guys, am new here so please go easy, im not a pro, but i always do everything on my own cars. Il try anything once.

Iv tinted a few cars in the past, and my brother has just got another car a would like me to tint it for him.

As its been around 18months since i done my golf, the tools have been lost and damaged, so looking around for new ones, which is when i came across this forum :)

Can anyone point me in the right direction to what 'everyday' tools i should get, and where from? (in the UK) Before i used 2 simple tools, but now iv had a look around here iv notcied there really is sooo many different tools!

Next im wondering, is what people use for solution? As iv always just used a slightly soapy water solution in a cheapy squirty bottle...

And finally, iv always taken out any windows that easily come out, ie, not bonded in!, now after reading around, iv not come accross anyone talking bout removing glass, does everyone do it with glass in these days?

The car im doing (this time) is a scoda octavia, iv actually already done the rear glass, so its just the door drops and rear door quarters iv got to do.

2f1ae18b.jpg

Any tips etc would be muchly appreciated, and i understand a lot of you want to keep your secrets to yourself :shock

cheers!

Yep, thanks for that.

Like I said, I always do my own work, I enjoy doing it, cars are my hobby.

Iv got film, so I might as well do it, all my previous jobs have been acceptable, even the guy who does the tinting where I had my dents pulled out asked me where I had my golf done.

Cheers.

Yep, thanks for that.

all my previous jobs have been acceptable, even the guy who does the tinting where I had my dents pulled out asked me where I had my golf done.

Cheers.

Then why are you asking for tips? seems like you got it down. Since you do all your own stunts and even the tint man is impressed.....:cool

Archived