2011 A4 has AMP problem too

tinter101

This thread is helpful but has anybody told their customer to wait 30 days or so to see after the water eventually evaporates, will it begin to work again? I've fried some audio electronics doing windshields before but after a few days, this %&$# started working again. Was wondering. Im in the hole with a fried amp on a 2009 A5.

This thread is helpful but has anybody told their customer to wait 30 days or so to see after the water eventually evaporates, will it begin to work again? I've fried some audio electronics doing windshields before but after a few days, this %&$# started working again. Was wondering. Im in the hole with a fried amp on a 2009 A5.

Replace with after market if needed, all the wires are there.

Replace with after market if needed, all the wires are there.

Replacing the factory amp with aftermarket is an alternative however the crossovers are integrated in the amp. Paying a stereo guy (even with experience) to find every lead to every speaker so he/she can install an inline crossover will be just as labor intensive as paying out the ass for a factory replacement. Its a wash either way your f****d if you fry any of these amps. Unfortunately it takes the fun outta tinting now. I dont even want to touch these cars anymore.

I thought I would add a couple of extra tips on this car that came to mind since I just got tinting 2 of them.

-Seals on doors easily remove out once removing 1 torx bolt per door hidden underneath the trim.
-After replacing the 3rd brake light , bend the metal tabs down slightly to make it easier to slide back into place.
- double up your mounting concentrate for bg as it floats into place much better.
- remove the side pillars for the bg foe easier installation. They come out quite easy and it's worth it for the extra wiggle room .