Broken Rear Wiper? Customer Says Yes

finishlineautosports

Guest maddtinter
Right but how does someone change the blade if need be? They have to remove the whole damn arm? Why would the arm come out 90 degrees then do you know what I mean?
I have '95 BMW and to change the blade it is a lot easier to do with the whole arm off.Besides I do not think many people think about changing the rear wiper blade.I see blades hanging on the arm all the time.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest maddtinter
So yesterday I tinted a 09 Vibe, piece of cake car. On the back glass, I bent the wiper assembly at its designed point to pull back off the glass in order to slide tint under and cut to size etc...I noticed that it was VERY tight so I only pulled it off the glass MAYBE an inch if that. Finish tinting car and all is good.

Today he calls me and says his rear wiper fell right off the glass, not just the blade but the part that it attaches to. I told him to bring it by to take a look at it tomorrow.

Is there a trick to these or is it actually broke? He just picked up the car less than 2 weeks ago from a dealer so I wonder if I am the one who is going to get stuck with this?

For the whole arm assembly to fall off and you did not remove to begin with.....the whole assembly fits to the wiper motors spindle the fits thru the glass/panel of car.If in fact part of it fell off then you either broke it or as mentioned above a clip released without you knowing.Hopefully it did not scratch the paint.

So after doing some research without seeing the car today yet, I have determined that the most likely scenario based on vehicle diagrams is that nut loosened, causing the arm to come off.

How would you handle this situation? I did not physically loosen the nut, I did not force the arm (as I stated I moved it about 1/2" max). I mean, do I state this is just coincidental or what?

So after doing some research without seeing the car today yet, I have determined that the most likely scenario based on vehicle diagrams is that nut loosened, causing the arm to come off.

How would you handle this situation? I did not physically loosen the nut, I did not force the arm (as I stated I moved it about 1/2" max). I mean, do I state this is just coincidental or what?

I doubt the nut could have loosened itself

Well thats just it...If in fact the nut just came off because it was loosed? How do I explain that?

Also, the customer was there watching me tint the vehicle so he knows I did not loosen it, nor did I force anything so...

I mean the nut is like $2 and if the arm needs to be replaced it's $19 so no big loss but its the point of what caused this to happen.

Archived