Mazda 6 defroster

mustangdroptop96

Has anybody had any problems with the tint sticking to the defrost lines on the new mazda 6? I tinted one last week, wasnt bad to heat shrink just took a little time, got it on and when i ran my blue maxx over it there were a few bananas popping up on about 4 or 5 of the defrost lines on each side. I turned on the defroster and went to the rest of the car thinking it just had to dry a bit, nope same thing, so after heating it and using my lil chizzler I still couldnt get these buggers to go away. I tried a relief cut and that did absolutely nothing either. Finally I sent the customer on his way and said if it doesnt dry up in a week give me a call. sure enough I get a call yesterday and today he was back so I stripped it reheat a new piece and put that on. SAME THING! so once again I stripped it again but this time when I was cleaning it I used 00 steel wool vs the 0000 I usually use. I put it on and it started popping up a little bit but finally he said he could live with it and he'd let it dry and bring it back if it didnt go away. Now I know I can wait for it to dry then make a little knick in the film on the defrost and it will go away once its dry but you can see tiny glue marks and I want to do it right. I have had this problem before on a few cars but it always goes away with a little heat and a good swipe of the blue maxx. ANY ideas or anyone have this problem? I've done quite a few Mazda 6s and never had a problem like this. Brick technique?

Hey guys I'm using Suntek STD 20%, I wet shrink. I thought maybe I over shrank it but it really didnt take too much heat so I dont think thats the case, it pops up on the same defrost line everytime I did it. I originally used steel wool 0000 and the final attempt I used 00. It's just frustrating

Hey guys I'm using Suntek STD 20%, I wet shrink.

dry shrinking will eliminate a lot of those peanuts and a better film would probably help as well ...

:) dry/soap shrink is the key , I just got finished doing 10 of these back windows for the dealer last week. Wetshrink is a problem for some cars , Mazda 6 , Nissan Altima comes to mind too.

Archived