Automotive computer cut tinting

Guest byrnesey

Hi All, just wanting to find out more about computer cut tint for cars.

1/Do they benefit the installer?

2/ Save Material and time?

Save material, yes and no from what I hear.

Benefit the installer? Yes and no also from what I hear because some cars still need trimming.

I don't know why but my competitor here uses computer cut and they leave like a 1/4" to 1/2" gap from the top of the windows and the cars I have had to remove tint from that were done by them.

Yes they benefit the installer, after they get used to the machine and the software.

Yes they save time, if you know how to use it efficiently!

No it does not save material! I would say that compared to a skilled tinter who actually knows how to cut film. The machine will over the course of a year waste more film than the skilled installer. However if your in a busy shop, the extra time it saved you per car. Would still amount to more money made in the shop each year. Because it will allow you to get more vehicles in.

It has just about doubled my shops capacity and I think it has really stepped up our consistency, cut down on waste, and saved a lot of frustration. I am very happy with my investment the 3 months I've had it. I was going to help obama by hiring someone but with the machine I can give him a proper shove it.

Guest byrnesey
It has just about doubled my shops capacity and I think it has really stepped up our consistency, cut down on waste, and saved a lot of frustration. I am very happy with my investment the 3 months I've had it. I was going to help obama by hiring someone but with the machine I can give him a proper shove it.

So would you say the investment you have put into this equipment is and will pay for it self fairly quickly?

Guest byrnesey
Yes they benefit the installer, after they get used to the machine and the software.

Yes they save time, if you know how to use it efficiently!

No it does not save material! I would say that compared to a skilled tinter who actually knows how to cut film. The machine will over the course of a year waste more film than the skilled installer. However if your in a busy shop, the extra time it saved you per car. Would still amount to more money made in the shop each year. Because it will allow you to get more vehicles in.

Good to here I think you maybe correct in saying the busy shop would benefit a suppose would suit if you could have someone cutting the templates so the guys tinting can do more tinting without having to cut there own.

So would you say the investment you have put into this equipment is and will pay for it self fairly quickly?

It starts paying for itself as soon as you learn to use it efficiently. You know those days where more tint end up on the floor than on the car. You cut that pattern a little too short, the film stuck to the top of the door frame when you went to roll it down and you didn't notice then it's and inch short when you install it and lastly those silly cars like frontiers, chevy truck back doors, the cube, the cars where the outside is signicantly different than the inside. All you now have to worry about is awesome prep, and installing with cleanliness. With my pcut most of the patterns are larger than when I cut them, so less making sure there is no visible lines on windows that move side to side. Add to that the ability to do some vinyl work in your off time and you are making more money per heart attack.

Archived