acura TL rear glass removal? urgent???

Guest edwardd527

Guest edwardd527

i have two different customers with the same car late model Acura tl. both customers need the rear window stripped and redone. one customer is just unhappy with the work from a "99$" tint shop and now wants to come to me the other one is a car i did a year ago and the customer damaged it... Upon speaking with this new custy it appears he had done some calling around and 2 other shops and a dealership told him that they would not touch the window till next summer. something to do with the film damaging the defroster???

this i have never heard but the customer insists that this is a issue particular to the TL. does anyone have any input on this i sure would like to inform and/or schedule these custy's...

Guest edwardd527

i am located near cleveland ohio. so its starting to get cold about now. i have done plenty of removals over the years and never really had the issue. although i saw a diy job once where the defroster was absent due to lack of knowledge i suppose.

i have never used a steamer before i just havent needed to purchase one thus far i just pull it wet the glass cover it back up for a while then scrub over and over...

i am located near cleveland ohio. so its starting to get cold about now. i have done plenty of removals over the years and never really had the issue. although i saw a diy job once where the defroster was absent due to lack of knowledge i suppose.

i have never used a steamer before i just havent needed to purchase one thus far i just pull it wet the glass cover it back up for a while then scrub over and over...

Go spend a few bucks on a steamer, you will love it.

Guest scottydosnntkno

if you get a steamer, you won't have to scrub.

plus wasn't there a thread about a TL a while ago where the custy wasn't happy, they stripped it and jacked up a few defroster lines? That's what I'd be worried about with just yanking it off is taking the defrosters with it especially if its not summertime and the glue/film/window isn't 140+ degrees to soften the adhesive. Thats basically what a steamer does is warm and rehydrate the glue so it comes off with minimal residue.

Archived