acura TL rear glass removal? urgent???

Guest edwardd527

you dont need one of those expensive steamer the film distrubitors sell...i got one from sears for straming wrinkles out of cloths...im sure the tip from the big buck one works better . but this one works great...used it today to remove the tint from a h2 back glass....i have also used it on headlight and tail light tint kits

Sounds like it could be a set-up. Think about it, the customer has called around and asked 2 other shops, and the dealer. So, perhaps the defroster is already not working , and he is wanting you to say, yeah I will remove the film , no problem . next thing you know, you have many problems. Tell him regardless of the time of the year, its not 100% the defroster will work when you are done, but you will do your best to remove without any damage.

you dont need one of those expensive steamer the film distrubitors sell...i got one from sears for straming wrinkles out of cloths...im sure the tip from the big buck one works better . but this one works great...used it today to remove the tint from a h2 back glass....i have also used it on headlight and tail light tint kits

:thumb I brought mine from home that I also got at Sears when We sent off our jiffy to have some repairs done. It works great, and you can get one on Amazon for under 100 bucks!

Guest edwardd527

Like all the advice I have received on TD I will be getting a steamer...even though I do so little s/r jobs. I guess a g ood thread may be which is the best for your $? At this point getting one from sears sounds good or maybe go to a dry cleaner and see what they can hook you up with possibly industrial grade?

either way thanks for the advice everyone, this site gives tinters a good name which differs from alot of the comp I see...thanks again hope I can offer input to you all soon in somme way.

Btw if anyone cares lebrons house here was far from impressive...

Guest S and S

I have had issues where they call for a price for R&R and then call back a couple days later and say " I got the tint off how much to just tint it" which inlies that they didnt remove the glue just got ahold of the film and ripped it off. My answer is "$x more because its easier to take off with film than without" it urkes me to no ends what they wanna do to save a buck but end up costing themselves more. In ANY case you can't guarantee no damage, and it might be tougher because its cooler weather and you can't let it get good and hot before removal but it is still doable.

Archived