Devil fortells the future...auto tinting

A time will come that automotive fitups will be successfully done externally with purpose built films.

No longer having to contend with tight impossible to get at rear installations and tight door rubbers where the inside glass exposure is bigger than the outside.

Mark my words.....a revolution in automotive tinting will occur in the future and our task which has been increasing in difficulty year after year will finally come back our way and to our advantage.

Bank on it!

The Devil speaks with assurity. :lol

It's only a matter of time!

A time will come that automotive fitups will be successfully done externally with purpose built films.

No longer having to contend with tight impossible to get at rear installations and tight door rubbers where the inside glass exposure is bigger than the outside.

The tint shops in dubai tints for less than 20 bucks per car externally with taiwan/china films. The owners use the external installation to protect their windshield from micro-scratches during sandstorms n happy to change the film annually when it fades.

Mark my words.....a revolution in automotive tinting will occur in the future and our task which has been increasing in difficulty year after year will finally come back our way and to our advantage.

Bank on it!

The Devil speaks with assurity. :rimshot

It's only a matter of time!

Not anytime soon in the US. With each state their are different laws on the darkness of sunscreening...which is why SUV's and pickups never have the two front windows tinted from the factory. It would be impossible to know which state each vehicle will reside...and if the windows were tinted from the factory, it would be impossible to sell if the windows are too dark for a particular state.

A time will come that automotive fitups will be successfully done externally

Considering that the UV inhibitors are incorporated within the mounting adhesive, I don't see it.

There is also the issue of physical damage. The films are much more vulnerable on the outside.

Lastly, UV cured hardcoats do not do well on the exterior over the long term.

Given time - anything is possible, but that's probably a long way off.

-Howard

There is also the issue of physical damage. The films are much more vulnerable on the outside.

Lastly, UV cured hardcoats do not do well on the exterior over the long term.

:beer Uh oh...so you dont think Global will honor my warranty claims??? (I thought the tint went on the outside. :lol at least that is how they do it on youtube!!!! :thumb ) :lol

I had a madcow rep swearing to me that they were going to develop a film for the outside. I think there could be some major issues here., even possible legal issues. Could you imagine you put the film on the outside, a customer runs it through a car wash, the film gets all scratched up and they wreck their car ? I think there are a million reasons this won't happen. I guess as window tinters , we just need to know more and more about finess, door panels, and charging accordingly in this industry. You have a Audi A-8, you pay Audi A-8 price. Period .

Could you imagine you put the film on the outside, a customer runs it through a car wash, the film gets all scratched up and they wreck their car ?

how is that different from all the cheap, purple, bubbled tint? Not illegal to throw that crap on a car though.

Archived