Can you tint over stickers?

I have never had a problem tinting over stickers or graphics. A tip: work from the center of the sticker out past the egdes in all directions, then work the water out toward the edges of the glass. Many will work across or just down, but this can leave moisture at an edge. With Graphics, such as lettering, work the water down each row of lettering to the spcae between then work out to the side. This kepps from pushing it from one line into the next, adding to the amount in the lower row. I work it hard, which will began to leave an impression in the film, allowing it to seat better around the graphic or lettering.(this I know from having pulled a piece off after working it) A hard card works better than a 5-way, since you are able to put more pressure on a smaller area at a time. As it dries, it will give a sort of 3-d effect to the edges, which most customers like, that accentuates the graphic.

Best of luck!!!

YES YOU CAN TINT OVER STICKERS. I USE VINYL UNDER TINT FOR DESIGNS IN FILM . JUST LOOK AT THE CONDITION OF THE STICKER AND LET THE CUSTOMER KNOW STICKER GOES BAD YOU WILL NOT COVER WARRANTY OF THE INSTALLATION OR SOMETHING TO THAT MATTER . WHEN YOU TINT OVER A STICKER YOU GET A WATER BEAD AROUND THE EDGE OF THE STICKER NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT ITS UNIFORMED ALL THE WAY AROUND THE STICKER .

0701001311_0001.jpg

0701001312.jpg

wow..you should really think about finding some sign blanks or something close to use on your second layer...would look ten times better!

Guest tintguy31707

Warranty is definitely gone... Most storefront decals are meant to be promotional and last only 6-12 months.. If by some chance he actually went by his local sign shop to have these printed they might be on a 5 year material .. I would feel a little better doing it knowing that.

Super Tip!

If the decals edges are horrible or sortof pushed up thats not good for your window tint.. take a straight edge and trip the edge of the decal and be sure to get any adhesive that it left.. at least this would help it not look as horrible.

Guest RobOnTheCape

Talk about timely

I have a job coming up applying film to a storefront. It's four windows total each approximately 5' x 6' each. Two of the have oval decals advertising the owners business. I was planning on just creating a template, applying the film (N1050/40), and cutting around the decals using the template. The decals are maybe 1' x 2' each. You think I can film over something this big?

Thanks