Europe trip...

Guest Mario

I've been out of the loop for over a week now. Went to Europe for a week.

Any of you done any installs in Europe after working in US? Or vice versa? Just curious.

It seems like not as many cars have window film there compared to here in the states...

Guest Malcolm E Boo

Where abouts over here did you go to?

In Northern Europe window film is not as popular because of the weather and some countries have stricter laws than others regarding film on cars.

I have installed over there and here on flat and cars there are some slightly different techniques but ultimatly each tinter everywhere in the world makes it work for the best for themselves.

i had an opportunity to go to Europe and train a guy, i guess he did really well in auto... but the house are not as popular because they have this blind system that is installed into the wall on the outside. so in case of a fire or war, the can put there blinds down and fire will only damage the exterior of the house and will with the blinds closed at night time you can not even see light on in the house. kind of amazing really!!! so when i shared with them about the tint... they just went up to the window and said, -"this works for me" lol i would agree, if that can stop the fire, it can stop the sun...

Yes, I'm familiar about the blind systems they have. I can see their point, to a degree. Window film still allows a comfortable light into the room, where those systems don't. I do like their window systems where the window can open fully or simply lean from the top. Something I have forgotten about, since moving to the states (many years ago).

(Malcom E)I traveled to Croatia. Also spent some time in Germany.

The frosting seems to be really popular there, though.

Yes, I'm familiar about the blind systems they have. I can see their point, to a degree. Window film still allows a comfortable light into the room, where those systems don't. I do like their window systems where the window can open fully or simply lean from the top. Something I have forgotten about, since moving to the states (many years ago).

(Malcom E)I traveled to Croatia. Also spent some time in Germany.

The frosting seems to be really popular there, though.

They do have some cool windows. Wish I had known you were going to be in Croatia...... got a good friend that tints in Zagreb. I have tinted / taught in bunches of countries in EU and yes some places are very different from here in how they tint. Most places I traveled had lots of auto tint. Germany prolly not as many.

Cheers and hope you had fun :rest

Stan,

What a coincidence! I was in Zagreb. Zagreb was where I was born... All of our family still lives there.

Do you know approx. where in Zagreb the person you know is? I did look at starting a shop there...

Mario

Stan,

What a coincidence! I was in Zagreb. Zagreb was where I was born... All of our family still lives there.

Do you know approx. where in Zagreb the person you know is? I did look at starting a shop there...

Mario

Wow what a small world :) He was working for a shop in Zagreb couple years ago that the owner Sasha distributed Global film but he is at another shop now. He is on TD sometimes going by his first name....Marin. I am FBook friends with him, better give him your info here. I have a translate plug in installed on my firefox browser so I can keep up with all my FB friends in EU! :bs you guys might have been neighbors :beer I was on google the other day looking at pics of Zagreb, really pretty place. Someday I might just pull up and move........... give me a job if you start a shop there?

Cheers

Stan

I'm from Zagreb. All of you come to Croatia.

The best tint shop in Zagreb is Onako Ltd (my own company) :)

www.onako.hr only in local Croatian language for now

Nice website :cool Glad to see you are using Global! Is there still a Global distributor in town? Let me know when a job opens for me :beer

Cheers to all Croatian tinters

Stan

Archived