VW Touran rear vent removal - How to

jpwindowfilms

Hi guys, we had one booked in yesterday and I seen there is a thread in the VW section about removing them so thought Id follow the instructions and take some pics along the way for anyone else who has to do one in the future.

So here we go.

First thing is remove the panel and drop the door glass right down then pull the rubber strip out of the channel. Then unbolt the two 10mm bolts in the door

7c273a73.jpg

1e45ee7b.jpg

Next slide the channel down

bcb90361.jpg

Next, pull away the rubber window surround which will make it easier to remove the glass.

507937fa.jpg

Finally pull the rubber with the glass in away from the door, this gives you enough give to get the glass out.

ebe4f253.jpg

Repeat in reverse to put back together.

Guest tint325i

your going alot further than you have to there mate, once the divider is out just push the top rear corner of the rubber by the vent off the door and pull the glass out, no need to remove rubber all the way along the top of the door,

but otherwise exactly the way i always do them

i also would not slide the divider down into the door like that, there is a danger of scratching the matt black finish if the seal is dirty, just lift the thing out

Guest tint325i

its always the mk4 golf 5 door rear 1/4 that makes me laugh, how many have you seen with the "wavy" seal cause someones had it out without knowing how to do it right, always puts a smile on my face when i see it!!

Guest naughtydog
its always the mk4 golf 5 door rear 1/4 that makes me laugh, how many have you seen with the "wavy" seal cause someones had it out without knowing how to do it right, always puts a smile on my face when i see it!!

Why? Are they difficult to remove? I have never taken one out. I may pm you if I decide to do my next one that way.

Guest autotint

Why? Are they difficult to remove? I have never taken one out. I may pm you if I decide to do my next one that way.

just did 2008 volkswagen touran today.that information you give on removing the back quater glass was very usefull,thanks.Looked great when done!!! :beach

Archived