cleaning windows

Guest r26_1999

Guest r26_1999

I have been getting some micro specs in my film. just wondering, what do you guys like to use for cleaning windows, b/w squeegee, pro unger handle,......

I use the b/w squeegee. maybe it's getting a little old.

Guest Sprinter

razor blades and white scrubbie pads, and a yellow turbo squegee. if your talking the black n white combo is what your useing for a squegee then I would get some other squegee, I only use that one for deep back windows on the very bottom edge, I don't use it as an every window squegee.

on back windows I like to do them with steel wool then follow up with the white scubbie, as seracis said above put in a filter and I also run a blue shop towel in the handle of my sprayer for another filter, might try and filter your water from where you fill up your sprayer.

Guest Litespeeds

How do we know he isn't tinting out in the open? In order to do a clean installation, it is advisable for you to do it indoors where there is very little air blowing around. Good idea to rinse down the cars before you work on it to remove the fine pollen and dust. Before you transfer the film, make sure you wash your hands. Tape off the edges if there is felt. Either spray your window with your soap solution and scrub it with a pad and then squeegee it or you can spray window cleaner and use a lint free cloth. Make sure you give the glass a good blow job to remove any fine particles that might be static clinged to the glass. These are a few suggestions but we can not answer your question unless we watch what you are doing.

if it was an old car and you got into the back seat frankenstining the film dust from the seat may have jumped up when you knelt on it perhaps :thumb

this is true as well...I perform a "smack & trouble light" test. Smack the seat with your hand like you were leaning in with your knees with the film , look at amount of airborn particles with light..if not too bad, I spray a light mist of water in vehicle t okeep it down , if a lot, I'll cover it with new wrapping plastic :cooldot

Guest r26_1999

thanks for all the comments. I do tint indoors and use razor blades before squeegeeing with the b/w squeegee. and I try to keep my hands clean. and I wipe down the frame of the glass and the top of the panels. maybe my sprayer is contaminated.

Guest Sprinter

filters need to be changed out every once and a while I use this fuel filter then wrap the element with a blue shop towel and use rubber bands to hold the paper n the element all you have to do it look at it and you can tell when it needs to be replaced, the blue shop towel that is!

Archived