Square Footage per Car?

Guest leadsupplier

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest troll-hunter
SSK- what kind of cars are you doing that have 50/60" long doors? or are you referring to both front and back together? Because last time i pulled out a ruler on a window(this morning) the front door was 37" and the rear was 23", on a 2011 taurus. So those two together would give you 60", but your post implies that "most doors" means each individual door.

and as for "not giving advice", if you read what I said, its the EXACT same thing you said. that you shouldn't use 60" rolls on a plotter, you should use 40".

and as TA posted, your "estimates" are ~20% off, which I was also going to mention. If you're using 42' off a 40" roll, you're not even getting 10 cars out of the roll, which is 350'. I can get more than that hand cutting, because as I already said, 10' is pretty generous when hand cutting. 36" for the front doors, 24" for the rear doors+quarters if it has em, and 5' for the BG, which is pretty generous, as I rarely get one over 4' wide.

10 cars = 1 roll is pretty standard for hand cutting

If you would have read correctly (est) means its was an estimated amount, were including having to rotate patterns to fit as well. As for you giving advice on plotters cutting tint. You have NO experience. Let me remind you that this is what I do all day everyday, and when I was 16 to 27, I tinted cars, all day everyday.

I honestly just think you like to see yourself post. Its really kinda sad how naive you are. Your surrounded by industry pros. Not a bunch of 21 year old mobile tinters. I know you have a shop now, but you still dont use a plotter to cut film, and you never have, so you have no business giving advice on it. The only post you pop up in these days are plotter post. You dont even know the size of the plotter you have. I can link you back to that thread if you want? So go post your plotter for sale and see if you get some bites and leave the plotter advice to the pros. Thats all I am going to post in regards to this with you. Arguing with you is like trying to explain qauntum theory to a special ed class in a detroit highschool.

Not like I need to prove again to anyone that you are lost in this subject, but here is the link to you trying to sell your plotter claiming to be a 30" and after 10 exchanges you figure out its a 34". scooter's brain fart

BANG!! You have just been tagged by the troll-hunter. Who is naive? Who is the industry pro? You sure are a big man talking down to a kid that's 3000 miles away. This kid isn't the only one who might be mistaken sometimes, but I guarantee he is the only one you try to belittle. Be the professional you claim to be by educating and building up the community instead of trying to tear it down. I guarantee there was a time you didn't know anything about the subject of window tinting. Why do you care so much about some kid talking out of his arse? No one's an expert on everything. Everyone who wants to learn something new starts from the ground up and builds a foundation of knowledge. If you don't want to contribute positive comments to the forum, just keep your comments to yourself. Grow up. I guarantee you will reply to this as it seems you are the one that likes to see yourself post. G.F.Y.!!!! Welcome me to the forum everybody.

BANG!! You have just been tagged by the troll-hunter. Who is naive? Who is the industry pro? You sure are a big man talking down to a kid that's 3000 miles away. This kid isn't the only one who might be mistaken sometimes, but I guarantee he is the only one you try to belittle. Be the professional you claim to be by educating and building up the community instead of trying to tear it down. I guarantee there was a time you didn't know anything about the subject of window tinting. Why do you care so much about some kid talking out of his arse? No one's an expert on everything. Everyone who wants to learn something new starts from the ground up and builds a foundation of knowledge. If you don't want to contribute positive comments to the forum, just keep your comments to yourself. Grow up. I guarantee you will reply to this as it seems you are the one that likes to see yourself post. G.F.Y.!!!! Welcome me to the forum everybody.

:cold Welcome to the forum! I can't believe you didnt make your first post on one of my quotes! :zzz

I look forward to SSK's reply! :cool

Archived