What's a good time to think about hiring?

I am pretty confident about the upcoming year. I think if last year is any indicator, I will be able to handle some extra help, but I'm not sure if I want to. I could just work at capacity for the year, the down side is I know there will be some time that my co-worker will need off, so those days alone are rough. If I hire someone now I can have 2-3 months to get them in the swing of things, but it will make slow times a bit tighter. On the other hand if I hire them while we have plenty of money coming in, it will be a little hard to really get them up and running while I am running around trying to hold things down. The other option is to hire an experienced installer, but finding one around here who isn't a drunk, druggie, dodging child support, etc. seems like quite the task. It's all very daunting and probably part of the reason I am thinking about just staying a 2 man show.

Bring in another person just before the busy time starts, best thing to do is to run a background check on any potential hires so you know what you are getting ahead of time.

I know a place that does pre employment background checks, PM me if interested.

scout who you want to hire and have them come in on fridays and saturdays. that will be enough to get them into the swing of things and help out on your busiest days. then when it picks up give them more days to work. i think right now is still too early to hire. id think about it in february but use your calendar to determine that.

Archived