SunGarbage I mean SunGard

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it funny that not a single tinter here has come to the defense on sungard here ... It because of fear of getting ganged up on or because no such satisfied tinter on the forum reading this exists ?

shwusyrtnts:

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to post this thread about this unfortunate film issue. I just wanted to chime in before this thread gets too out of control. I don’t know what was said between you and your distributor, but I want to personally assure you that you will be fully compensated and then some, for the trouble this issue has caused you. I fully believe that if there is a legitimate problem with our product we will stand behind it.

I ask you to contact me directly at Bstewart@solamatix.com and leave me your contact phone number. I would like to discuss the best possible way to settle this issue and make sure you are not affected financially.

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Bill Stewart

North American Sales and Operations Manager

Solamatrix

Hello Captain Bill. Well, I deal with Courage Distributing, and on this specific issue I spoke with Gary (the owner) and Ron (the regional film rep) who both have assured me that YOU SPECIFICALLY were one of the people at "corporate" involved in the rejection of my warranty issues. Come on Bill, whats really going on here? I will not contact you as I feel confident that you ARE COMPLETELY AWARE OF THE SITUATION AND, AS I WAS TOLD, REJECTED MY WARRANTY CLAIMS. If you think this is something that might have been overlooked, then you should take the time out of your day to contact ME - not me take the time out of my FREE TIME to contact you, seeing as my WORKDAYS lately have been busy with film failure redo's. The only way this can be resolved in my distraught opinion is if SunGard would like to cut me a check for the dollar amount of my claims so I can purchase a QUALITY, REPUTABLE window film to re-apply to my customers' cars. To be honest, I do not have the confidence in your guy's products especially since this the SECOND time you have pulled this crap on me. This was SunGard's second chance to do right by me and SGard has chosen (till this thread) to not honor their warranty claims until after I posted these facts here to the masses. I mean come on, after I post picture after picture of the film failures you guys want to hear me now? And now I am supposed to say with confidence to MY customers that I am installing a quality product called SunGard?? NO THANKS!! I would rather eat ALL cost involved and go out of business because of me redoing jobs for free than to let SUNGARBAGE ruin my reputation any further than they already have.

Thanks,

James McFarlane

Show Us Your Tints

I find it funny that not a single tinter here has come to the defense on sungard here ... It because of fear of getting ganged up on or because no such satisfied tinter on the forum reading this exists ?

I have a tiny soft spot for it since it's what I learned with... But that's about it. I think once I started doing a bit of work on my own back here I made 1 or 2 small orders, then moved on to something better. If I remember correctly, I switched because:

1) I noticed some scratch coat issues on my own car after not being on there very long (similar in some ways to what this fella is saying, I suspect)

2) Once a "newer generation" of Shadow came out I (and a few customers) noticed a lot of what they called 'striations' in it. Picky, but still it was there

3) Even though it shrunk well it was a bit of a pain to work with, and I honestly didn't like the feel of it, it was... crinkly, cheap feeling and the adhesive doesn't really bite.

I've tried and messed with a few brands both here and back on the coast but for just a good, solid NR film I love Global... :spit Plus, the price comparison... makes me wonder what the hell the distributor's thinking :blink: Throw in all Sun Gards past issues, their 'hot potato' ownership and now stories like this... Why take the risk? Even just for personal sanity's sake.

Guest Retnitorp

shwusyrtnts, Do you or did you notice if that film has any iridescence or any interferece fringes when looking at the non-liner side.? :blink:

Did you send them pics like the ones you posted here, or did they even ask you to send any?

Sounds like captin bill is going to take care of you on this, Nice to see you taking care of this Bill......... :spit

shwusyrtnts, Do you or did you notice if that film has any iridescence or any interferece fringes when looking at the non-liner side.? :blink:

Did you send them pics like the ones you posted here, or did they even ask you to send any?

Sounds like captin bill is going to take care of you on this, Nice to see you taking care of this Bill......... :spit

I sent them pictures, original paper work, warranty card, new paper work, the film and more pictures. As far as Bill goes this is not the first time he has tried to blow smoke up my arse (or any elses) after reading a bit here on these forums. So take this thread as a warning not a resolution from Sungard as they had 90 dsys to resolve this and choose NOT to.

I am not sure what you mean by "interference fringes", but I did see clear spots in the die on several rolls of film (sometimes in more than one spot) but mostly one spot every few feet. Still, a wasted window non the less.

Any SunGard users who would like the roll numbers of the failed rolls-I have them. Also I am curious as to why you think Bill is taking care of this as this is the result of 90 days of pleading to get my warranties resolved to no avail. When I now go public he is "clueless" to my situation. Pfft

I will step up here...I have used the new shadow line with no..not one single comeback., that is all I am going to comment on., and respond to....I am not picking sides here because I only know what I have read here.

What!? I thought you used Hanita? I am shocked that you are not having any issues in that hot humid climate. I only had issues so far with 4 roll numbers and they are all very very close if that means anything. Not four rolls but 4 master numbers I guess.

Here is another question how many jobs have failed and the customer just goes somewhere else? I mean I get re-tints from other shops all day and they never gave the guy another shot. Just saying it could happen. These customers that have been returning are my good customers who know this should not be happening because it never has before, so I wonder if the kids are just thinking it's normal or my fault and just bash me ya know?

Archived