wax before ppf?

Guest kccartint
Depends on the brand of PPF. We use to claybar before install when I worked for DC. At Enpro we wax before because the adhesive on our product is so aggressive. We want to protect the finish of the car for removal.

If your talking about VS then you don't know what aggressive is. :lol6 Stuck today and peeled tomorrow. :lol2 Stuff is just shy of cling on.

Anyways....

Always strip wax. Most films will lay fine with wax applied but many will have adhesion problems later. You can prevent possible headaches by striping wax ahead of time. I have tried it both ways with them all. They always stay put with the wax removed. Its a 50/50 with wax applied. Often times they are fine but the ones that have issues have always been waxed.

You obviously have not used them in the last 2 months since the adhesive has changed. Its now a 3m adhesive. You might want to check it out. Also, I have used and or tested with every other film on the market except Nano Fusion. So I think I would know what properties an aggressive adhesive is. :lol6

I have and not impressed. :beer

Not sure wether to laugh or feel sorry for you. Selling VS is like being a Yugo dealer. Sure...you may sell a few but at the end of the day its nothing but warranty problems. :lol6

Depends on the brand of PPF. We use to claybar before install when I worked for DC. At Enpro we wax before because the adhesive on our product is so aggressive. We want to protect the finish of the car for removal.

If your talking about VS then you don't know what aggressive is. :lol Stuck today and peeled tomorrow. :lol2 Stuff is just shy of cling on.

Anyways....

Always strip wax. Most films will lay fine with wax applied but many will have adhesion problems later. You can prevent possible headaches by striping wax ahead of time. I have tried it both ways with them all. They always stay put with the wax removed. Its a 50/50 with wax applied. Often times they are fine but the ones that have issues have always been waxed.

You obviously have not used them in the last 2 months since the adhesive has changed. Its now a 3m adhesive. You might want to check it out. Also, I have used and or tested with every other film on the market except Nano Fusion. So I think I would know what properties an aggressive adhesive is. :lol

I have and not impressed. :nope

Not sure wether to laugh or feel sorry for you. Selling VS is like being a Yugo dealer. Sure...you may sell a few but at the end of the day its nothing but warranty problems. :lol

:spit Your intitled to your opinion. I sell 100's of kits a month and pallets of rolls to our dealers. You know how many warranty claims we deal with? None.... Once in a blue moon we will get an installer that is doing an exotic with a dark color and the film was from the end of a roll. Maybe your installation style doesnt work with the film. Maybe you prep and the way you handle the film doesnt go along with the film. I am not sure. You havnt really stated anything. What I do know is we have been in business for 30 years. We wouldnt carry a product that was not suitible to put our FirstCut name with. So if the product is as bad as you claim, then why is our and our dealers experience so much different then yours? You can riddle this thread with your smileys, or you can stop and put together all the variables that are causing you so many problems and address them. Maybe you will learn somthing. I would say I can learn somthing from you but until you address your point along with experinces then I have nothing to go by but smart ass responses. :spit

Guest @middlemax
On 12/7/2010 at 11:26 AM, SuperSetKing said:

:spit Your intitled to your opinion. I sell 100's of kits a month and pallets of rolls to our dealers. You know how many warranty claims we deal with? None.... Once in a blue moon we will get an installer that is doing an exotic with a dark color and the film was from the end of a roll. Maybe your installation style doesnt work with the film. Maybe you prep and the way you handle the film doesnt go along with the film. I am not sure. You havnt really stated anything. What I do know is we have been in business for 30 years. We wouldnt carry a product that was not suitible to put our FirstCut name with. So if the product is as bad as you claim, then why is our and our dealers experience so much different then yours? You can riddle this thread with your smileys, or you can stop and put together all the variables that are causing you so many problems and address them. Maybe you will learn somthing. I would say I can learn somthing from you but until you address your point along with experinces then I have nothing to go by but smart ass responses. :spit

Damn you just shut that down. Well done haha