Trouble with my plotter

Twisted Tinter

So I am trying to cut some stencil's last night and my Flexi will not connect with production manager. On my desktop, an older Dell, once I click on the cut

button production manager box comes up but then nothing happens. I switched the usb to my laptop and clicked on the cut button then I get a box that reads " an unexplained error has occurred and recommend shutting down"

anyone have this before? The only thing that is the same is the file I am trying to cut, the plotter and the usb cable.

Any ideas. :gasp

So even when production manager is open, when you go to cut, it prompts you to select a PM from a location (i.e.) the first selection is "on this computer" or does it try to launch PM again but with no success?

I would first and for most reboot the whole computer and start from fresh. If you have done that already and it does not work then reinstall Flexi.

or if you want, Ill log onto your computer via Live support and help you out. Since FirstCut is built with Flexi, I deal with stuff daily. I have seen this happen a few times. Let me know if you need help.

Guest filmslayer
I just assumed you had re-booted everything, I have to do that with both my plotter's, floating point errors are the most common cause. :poke

I'm kind of slow at times. DON"T EVER and I mean EVER assume I would do anything so simple. :lol2

:lol

Archived