Recent project

Some of y'all have already seen this one...

I messed up on the center piece, the bottom is too wide and doesn't match the seat back pc..

Here is what I started with...

Picture648.jpg

Finished product....

Picture652.jpg

It has a flip down step for access to the rear fishing seat of the bass boat it goes it....

Picture654.jpg

Been a while since I have had to be the one doing all the sewing, so I am a little rusty still..... :thumb

Hope y'all Like.... :lol

Guest tintmax

Looks great! They are some difficult seats to do. I have had guys come in for interviews and say they have x years expierence. You let them do a job and the work you replaced is the best they can do. With our shop being open since 1954, obviously we did not hire them. It certainly is a skill that is quickly disappearing in our times. So it is nice to see that guys can still do great work. By the way did the guy do his fronts seats to match?

Thanks All... :thumb

Like I said, it has been a while for me. I was spoiled by having a terrific trimmer working for me for several years.

He and I are still friends and he helps on the jobs I cannot do. But it's mostly up to me to tint and sew now... :facepalm

Looks great! They are some difficult seats to do. I have had guys come in for interviews and say they have x years expierence. You let them do a job and the work you replaced is the best they can do. With our shop being open since 1954, obviously we did not hire them. It certainly is a skill that is quickly disappearing in our times. So it is nice to see that guys can still do great work. By the way did the guy do his fronts seats to match?

No, unfortunately did not recover the remaining seats to match. Like sewing_guy said, he probably bought those at the Farm Supply store...

Only soft trim left on the boat was the little fishing chairs front and rear...

nice looking seat shady. I haven't done a set of seats in about 6 months now. I quit doing work for a shop a few months back and i use to do some upholstery work for them as well, but now i've pretty much gone back to just tinting. I use to love making a nice looking set of seats, but before you can make a good seat you gotta pull alot of staples.

Archived