94 CUTLASS SUPREME

Guest FastBackJack

Guest FastBackJack

Well, I was one of the lucky ones!! Actually had a damn Cutlass come in. When I made the appointment, I was like yeah right, that guy will never come in, not for that much! Much to my dismay, he showed up, right at 9:30am. :confused But in the end, it turned out great. Second one I have ever had to do. First one....well, lets not talk about it. But I one pieced this one and got the matrix all down. Of course the customer didnt appreciate it, but I felt good. :coffee

TINT ON!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FastBackJack

Actually it wasnt all that hard. I just messed with it, moving stress here and there until it was molded. After that the install was cake. It went down like a typical back glass.

Guest FastBackJack

It was a 4 door. Believe me I know the difference, the 2 dr's are easy. Minus the always rotting package tray. The reason I say it went in easy is because when I molded it, I really frick'n molded it. Then I left it on the window just sitt'n there for about a 1/2 an hour while I did something else. I figured if it sat there for a while it might kinda imbed the curve into the film. Well it must have done something, because when I put it in, it went right down. It didnt even pucker at the bad curve point. Then the rest of it was like a typical b/w. I've got pics if you want to see. I knew no one would believe me, thats why I took them. Let me know. However I havent done that yet on this board so you'll have to coach me a little.

Tint On!!!

Guest FastBackJack

The Saturns arent too bad. Take the package tray out, that gives you lots of room to work with. When you mold, try to mold directly on the curve. By doing that the film will "learn" that curve better. Upon install squeege everything out before the bottom. Then work from the middle of the bottom pushing down and toward the side. When you get to the curve, just go slow and do the same, down and toward the side. Kind of a sweep motion. If you try to push straight down it will likely crease on ya. The matrix on that Saturn is nice too. Oh yeah, when you cut it out check the very bottom middle, not a lot of room down there, but all kinds of room on the bottom sides. Hope that helps.

Archived