94 CUTLASS SUPREME

Guest FastBackJack

Guest SQUEEGEE

Props to Squeej...I wet shrunk an old 300Z today and didn't have to pull or tug !!! :angel

Seriously though. I've stuck with the fabric sizing and I pull out the sheets only for Eclipses and Camaros.

I can't afford to experiment (waste film) like I used to as I tint full-time now and every mistake I make is lost $$$.

TD, I'm sure you know this but if you lay the fabric sizing on thick it will behave about as close to dryer sheet goo as you can get. Sometimes I can't tell the difference.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FastBackJack

First time I saw dry molding was in 97 I think. Right when the new beetles came out. I was glad that dry was around. I learned all dry techniques on the beetle. LUCKY FOR ME we do all the work for a local VW dealer, so I had to get good with dry real damn quick, that was when the beetles were selling left and right. To date I think Ive done about 350 or so. I lost count after about 200. Im such a dweeb. But back then very few people could do them in 1 piece, so I was kinda proud of me sef.

damn I started in 97. but im kind of a self tought tinter. I worked for a tint company but he never realy wanted me to learn how to tint . just wanted me to be a helper . cuz he was scared of compition. but I learned alot from him because I asked questions. and then went and did my friends cars. because I wanted to be a tinter. the furthes I ever got with him was . visors and or eyebrows. quarter windows . and near the end witch was 2 years later doing simple dorrs he cut . well thats for him . but the whole time I knew I was bieng held back. so I asked my questions when I messed up . did my friends cars. got half way decent at tint and quit. and moved on . I wasnt going to let his fears hold me back. and not to toot my own horn but know im better than him

Archived