2011 Nissan Altima

pbalentine

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its not tb. the altima is a hard bg to do. ive been using tb for years no and problem. i use johnson instead of slip solution. as for the altimas double shrink it first dry sheet shrink then wet shrink after that actually limits the peanuts. worst comes to worst you can cut relief cuts in the peanuts on the defrost lines.

Ok, I just did one, and only got two peanuts on the def. This is how I did it.

I put one horizontal anchor, and left the sides loose (dry shrink). Then, I kept my heat gun (cheap wagner) about a foot away from it, heating very slow, moving side to side slowly. I used a hard card to "help" it along. I can usually shrink the bg on this car in less than 5 minutes. This time it took about 10, maybe a little less. I noticed when I pulled the liner off, the film stayed almost completely flat on the glass, instead of rippling up like it usually does. After I applied it, I only had two tiny peanuts. Heated them out with a torch in less than 5 minutes.

Doing it this way prob saved me 10-15 total time not having to fight the def lines.

I put one horizontal anchor, and left the sides loose (dry shrink). Then, I kept my heat gun (cheap wagner) about a foot away from it, heating very slow, moving side to side slowly. I used a hard card to "help" it along. I can usually shrink the bg on this car in less than 5 minutes. This time it took about 10, maybe a little less. I noticed when I pulled the liner off, the film stayed almost completely flat on the glass, instead of rippling up like it usually does. After I applied it, I only had two tiny peanuts. Heated them out with a torch in less than 5 minutes.

Doing it this way prob saved me 10-15 total time not having to fight the def lines.

I really haven't had issues with stickier films like madico and llumar though, usually 1 - 2 is about all I get. I really think it's the film, not the technique.

Guest filmslayer

I really haven't had issues with stickier films like madico and llumar though, usually 1 - 2 is about all I get. I really think it's the film, not the technique.

x 2 , or my technique is that good , cause i dont have a problem with them ....

Im using Madico on it. I was getting them from too much heat all at once. Strangely, Madico Charcoal doesnt do it as bad as Charcool. Maybe b/c Charcoal is so thin?

Im using Madico on it. I was getting them from too much heat all at once. Strangely, Madico Charcoal doesnt do it as bad as Charcool. Maybe b/c Charcoal is so thin?

TB is pretty thick, I have fought with greystone on them, I think again it's the combo of a thick film and not the stickiest adhesive.

Archived