2011 Nissan Altima

pbalentine

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest theTintingIndustry_icon

Its not the film. I've used true black for a long time. I used to get blips (or 'peanuts' as you call them) in older lexus' and certain other cars, and relief cutting on the defroster line and heating it was the technique. But we have been wet sanding ALL back windows with 2000 grit and it makes every back window lay beautifully. Literally just did a 2011 and 2009 Altima today with no blips (peanuts). If you sand the sides real well, it helps with fingers not popping up on the side, which used to be my biggest problem with bg.

I really think it's the film, not the technique.

x 2 , or my technique is that good , cause i dont have a problem with them ....

that about settles it....it's GOTTA be the film. :spit:lol

cant be the film if only for one car. if it was the film it would be every car!lol

Guest filmslayer
I really think it's the film, not the technique.

x 2 , or my technique is that good , cause i dont have a problem with them ....

that about settles it....it's GOTTA be the film. :spit:lol

cant be the film if only for one car. if it was the film it would be every car!lol

have you read all the threads about this film and fingers popping up ???

I guess its been about two or so years that I've been using true black, so that's really not that long, but still never had a problem with blips.

As some of you mentioned, If i shrunk the film more evenly, insead of applying heat only where it needs it, it would of helped . Im still used to my old film, so im shrinking a bit faster still and only where it needs it. I've never sanded down defrosters lines before, so I know i could of sanded down the lines better.

I've really adusted well to this film so far, so im not giving up on it yet. I've had no problems whatsoever with rollups. I even did a 02 camaro and had one, small pucker at the bottom seal, but other than that, no follow up needed after one squeegee.

One other thing, I've seen NO cloudy, blotchness to the new batches I've received and the film is tacking up great with no rolling off the glass. Ive realized now that you can't try a film a couple of times and say its shiat. Once you adjust to it and its not for you, then you can say whatever you want about it. So, im not giving up on TB hp as of yet.

Another thing that helps, in my opinion, is to not use the 'H' method. Just stick the film across the center with your shrink card, and make sure you don't pull and stretch the film, just let it lay naturally on the window and it will go in fingerless. And heat the whole window and shrink evenly across dispersing the bigger fingers into smaller ones.

Archived