2011 Nissan Altima

pbalentine

Guest thatsnappyguy

I used to have this problem, but i now know that if u spend just a few more minutes with the back glass and some steel wool, then click the rear defroster on prior to install the film...and them keep on pushing and pushing with the blue maxx, it's cake. Like I said, it takes a lil bit longer, but there's nothing to fight after u get out the back seat.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has been a sore point for me as I have 2 Nissan dealers and do A LOT of Altima's. Beginning of this year I was using Madico Charcool and had maybe 1 or 2 peanuts on the bg of the 4 doors. Switched to JWF Greystone and was battling about 6-8 per bg, then to EWF TB and had about 3 or so. I've been using TB since and always dread doing an Altima. Last week the dealer gave me 4 Altima's to do. First one I did in TB 20% and sure enough, even scrubbing the heck out of the problem areas with 00 steel wool, STILL getting the dang peanuts. So on a whim, I used a comped roll of Value Tint Sirius 20%, scrubbed as usual and NO PEANUTS! Needless to say, I did the remaining Altima's with the VT and had zero issues. I think this film has a better adhesive that sticks quicker and it might be a bit thinner. No issues on the coupe either. Then I did another Altima coupe with TB 5% and had no problems! I do know that Nissan changed the design of the defroster grids on both the Altima and Maxima for 2011, so that they start out thick near the sides and thin out about 5" in. Peanuts will always be within the first 3-5 inches from the sides. The bottom right side of that bg has 3 thick lines just less than a quarter inch apart and thats a sore spot for peanuts as is one of the first lines near the top that has 2 lines very close together.

i was having the same trouble a few months back, but since i have gone to dry shrinking BG's instead of wet shrinking i have not had any troubles with this. Seems like it is just on the newer nissan's. I also had more of these peanuts showup using suntek standard and it is not a thick film at all. I have pretty much gotten away from suntek and gone back to using johnson marathon line, and even though it is alot thicker then suntek standard i have still not had any troubles out of using a thicker film on these nissan's.

Guest tdmillet

these cars are so simple, not sure how or why anyone has problems. it honestly takes me an hour and 25 mins from start to finish.. when you apply the bg just lightly sqeegee the bg with a 3 in. washing sqeegee. you will leave a good amount of moisture in the window.. but when it dries naturally it will lie down perfect with no peanuts... try it i promise it works great every time. :blink:

these cars are so simple, not sure how or why anyone has problems. it honestly takes me an hour and 25 mins from start to finish.. when you apply the bg just lightly sqeegee the bg with a 3 in. washing sqeegee. you will leave a good amount of moisture in the window.. but when it dries naturally it will lie down perfect with no peanuts... try it i promise it works great every time. :dunno

i do dry shrink....

Archived