2011 Nissan Altima

pbalentine

In case it has not been mentioned yet.

To remove the third brake light:

While sitting in back seat facing the rear of the car

Push the 3rd Brake Light approx 3/8 or 1/2 towards the b/g

Then lift up and it will unhook-start pulling back and continue to lift up and out

unlatch the wiring harness and not you have some room to work.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've done a bunch and never noticed a problem :dunno

The last time I had peanut issues I was using SunGard... I think there's been once or twice since I switched but nothing that stands out, if so it's maybe one tiny one.

I do steel wool most backglasses (unless they're a new vehicle and one I never had an issue with or know is an issue).

I tinted 3 late model altima's last week and one this week. The only one that gave me any issue was on a 2011. I had one small peanut, and I heated and slit the peanut, and it laid right down. :bingo

Dry shrink for no more peanut's. I was beating my head against the wall with this problem last summer using wet shrink.

You won't find the problem on the 2010's. It is on the 2011 models. I do about 70 of these a month and for a while it was on every car. Such a pita. But now that is is hot out, it is really only every 5th car or so has one to three peanuts on the defroster. So I attribute alot of it to the cold weather. This is using ATR btw

I have done a bunch of these so far. I always do the rear first. Then the rest then do touch up. I diddnt have a issue and did not steel wool them... ... Im dry shrinking so not sure if you only have issues when wet shrinking. Also after every dry shrink I do a quick wet shrink... Not sure where the issie is... The defroster lines do feel thiker then usual but it still laid down...

Archived