stopping roll downs rubbing

Guest naughtydog

Guest naughtydog

Today I looked aqt 9 not tinted) a mini cooper. This has the BMW type windows which drop when you open the door and close after the door is shut. What do YOU use to stop frameless windows rubbing on the tint. I know it has a seal but what solution/treatment do you rub on the door seal to prevent abrasion fom the constant up/down door open/close situation.

I never admit to having Vaseline...it does have it's uses in a tight situation. :hmmm

Naughtydog

I've done several mini coopers...I just trigger the doors to roll the windows, tuck the seal and tint 'em. Heat em good and flip the seal back up and release the trigger. :rollin

nothing you can do about it . if I am reading it right. your talking about the weather stripping. on the car not the door panel right. my only suggestion would to have the customers. clean the windows with pledge. it may take a lil longer to clean . than with using glass cleaner. but it will act as a wax. and help prevent the sludge and dirt from scratching it

Guest naughtydog

thats the idea...over time all the rubbing as the window is up/down every time the door is opened must have an adverse effect on the film. I dont want them coming back with the film rubbing away the adhesive.

Thanks

Naughtydog

Guest Litespeeds

If I remember correctly, the Mini's have a felt strip so it shouldn't wear out the film by it going up and down everytime you open and close the door. As long as you get the film below that felt trim, you should be just fine.

Archived